Chapter 21

Third person pov

Bunga likes sitting in trees, in the winter she sits with a book in her hands reading with a blanket over her and two cushions under her back and legs. Using the normally blocked light to absorb each letter, word and sentence whilst in the Summer she sits with cushions in the same positioning using her tablet to watch dramas and movies or just to catch up on the sleep she missed that night.

Today on the fine Spring morning with the fresh lush green leaves of a tree in Stepney Green park shading her from the bright but cold British sun she sits enjoying a Kdrama.

She just spent 3 and a half hours watching the first few episodes of "I'll Go To You When The Weather is Nice."

Chai on the other hand also spent the same amount of time reading under the same tree with his back against the trunk, one knee up and the other leg stretched out, holding his book with his left hand holding up one corner and his right hand changing each page as he reads each sentence of "When Villains Rise" by Rebecca Schaeffer, the third book in the Market of Monsters trilogy.

"Should I marry a bookshop owner?" Bunga asks abruptly pausing her drama on the image of the hazel eyed Seo Kang Joon's face.

"He's not going to look like Seo Kang Joon, if that's what you're after," Chai chuckles as he puts down his book. "You tired of sitting in the tree?"

"A bit, you finished the book I'm guessing?" she asks as she tucks her phone into her then tosses Chai the two cushions to put in the bag he'd been keeping safe.

"Yeah," he says as she swings down from the tree. "What's so good about bookshops? We have Idea Stores. Two almost parallel two each other."

"But like it doesn't have the same aesthetic," she says. "You've seen this drama right? The bookshop is so nice."

"Then open one yourself," he shrugs. "Or even better, a book cafe so you can make money from the food as well."

"That's actually not a bad idea," she says thoughtfully as she lies down on the grass. "Don't need no Korean mountain beast to open a book cafe."

"Well you need him for the inspiration," Chai points out, "Why not play the OSTs from the drama in the cafe from time to time."

"What about those people who like to read in complete silence?" Bunga asks rolling onto her side to look at Chai as he is in his fantasy mood where at the moment he pictures a future of a life as a book cafe owner.

"Quiet room?" he suggests, "With a large one way window and comfortable sofas and armchairs."

"East facing?"

He hums in agreement, "What else do you need?"

"Money to fund it all?"

"No," he laughs. "That won't be a problem, you're an only child of a pretty well off single parent, your dad can help out."

"I can't ask my dad to fund everything!" she exclaims.

Chai laughs again, "Not everything, you'll need to save up a bit of money," he explains. "You're also going to need barista experience, Bunga, so I think a job at Costa will help."

Chai was holding back the certain suggestion, one that made the most sense. He'd open it for her, he'd do it all, she just needs to be the face of it all. The beginning of the conversation was proof of the obvious friend-zone he is stuck in. Their trip to Thailand don't mean much to Bunga, just a holiday with her across-the-road neighbours.

"It's sounds like fun," Bunga smiles. "I should hire you to help with it."

"Sure," he laughs. "I'll do the accounting and the baking."

"And I'll just make coffee?"

"Yeah, and you'll just make coffee."

"And the Karak Chai."

Chai starts laughing, "You'll have to learn how to make it first."