Chapter 13

"It's freezing," Chai exclaims as he exits the school then pauses to look at me, "Don't sing it."

"Which one, Thunderous or Freeze?" I laugh as I wake backwards slightly. I can hear Farzana laughing ahead of us, most probably at our conversation.

"The one that came to your head first," he groans. 

"Oh, I don't need to sing it," I laugh, "Watch this, FREEZING COLD BUT..."

Suddenly at least thirty voices scream "WE'LL BURN FOREVER!" 

Chai face palms, "Way too many Stays in one place."

I can hear some people continuing to sing but before I can join in I hear the headmaster calling me, "Miss Bonolo could you talk to me for a minute."

"Yes sir," I say. "Chai, you go ahead, you can call your Mum as well."

"Alright, I'll go to the corner shop and get some drinks," he says then eyes the headmaster, "Fizzy drinks," he corrects himself. "What do you want?"

"A sprite," I say. 

"Aight."

He runs off then I turn to the headmaster, "Is there a problem sir?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about your episode today," he says. "It seems to have been more serious than usual."

"You're not going to convince me to see another psychiatrist sir, they haven't been any help," I say. "Please sir, I've got a lot of friends to help me when I'm having an episode, today was a perfect example, you should really be giving Chai an award for what he did today rather than telling me to fix my brain."

"Would you like me to give Mr Shinawatra an award?" he asks pausing briefly to carefully pronounce Chai's surname. "I can accommodate."
"If you do, don't tell him that I suggested it."

"Understandable," he laughs. "Alright, I'll let you go."

"Thank you sir." 

I turn around then race to the corner shop only for Chai to exit the shop then grab me by the shoulders and start pushing me away from the door, "Nope, you're not going in there."

"Why not?" I exclaim.

"Someone in that shop is a Army," he says.

"So, I should go say hi," I say confused.

"Not a good time," he says shaking his head.

Suddenly, that familiar melody starts coming from the shop but Chai seemed to have picked up on it before I did and clamps his hands over my ears, "We're not having another episode today," he says gently and we start slowly walking away and out of listening distance. 

"Another heroic act by Chai Shinawatra the Thai drama king," I laugh.

"Yeah well, someone's got to stop you from shocking the shopkeeper," he says shaking his head smiling slightly, and I notice a slight blush in his face as he takes his hands away from my ears.

"Come on," he says. "Let's get back to your house before my fingers freeze off."

"It's not that cold you big baby," I laugh. 

"It's hotter back home," he says. 

"Of course it is, cold weather in Thailand is 28 degrees," I exclaim. "That's boiling for the Brits."

"Brits can't take the heat or the cold," Chai tuts.

I laugh.