Chapter 2 Crystal wings

Imno's POV

Four insect wings that look like shattered glass shards glitter like smooth cut crystals. Only a small faerie fire orb lights my room.

"I dont wanna wake up..." I mumble to myself. My four, small, black, horns catch on my pillow as I turn my head away from the light. The two larger horns on my head brush against my bed frame.

I don't even get five extra minutes of rest before Cloy bursts into the room without knocking. My cat familiar takes on the form of a Neko anifolk this morning. His yellow eyes stare into the back of my head and I can sense his gaze drift over my half covered body.

"Imno summer solstice is in two days! You need to stop procrastinating master!" He informs me but I'm only half awake so I don't listen. My grey bird wings spread open to cover my face.

"Bugger off and let me sleep Cloy..." I mumble into my pillow. Sadly my animal companion isn't having any of it. He grabs my leg and pulls my slender body off my soft and warm bed. I'm only in a pair of grey boxers as I fall on the floor with my sheets coming with me. "I SAID BUGGER OFF AND LET ME SLEEP!!" I hiss while throwing the pillow at him. It slams into the wall next to him.

"And I said that you need to stop procrastinating and get out of bed," he mocks me. I scowl at him and my fey ears turn a light pink from the cold of the room.
Cloy's white hair and yellow eyes glow in the faerie light. His cat ears and tail tip are a nice black contrast to his light colors. Two black horns that match my own sprout from his head. I want to kill him for waking me up. I breath in and stare at him with displeasure.

"Fiiiinnnee..." I hiss. He closes the door to let me dress in peace. After throwing my sheets and pillow back on the bed and remaking it somewhat neatly I go to my closet and grab a pair of black pants and a white undershirt.

My room is rather plain, a bookshelf, closet, bathroom, bed, and a beside table with a faerie fire orb floating on it. Of course I have my entire shelf filled with random potions and crystals and cool little things I find. Only one layer of the bookshelf has actual books on it.

I put a forest green vest on that has gold accents to it. I debate putting on a gold circlet to match before deciding it will probably be too hot to wear metal on my head. As always it is a pain in the butt to fasten the clips behind my wings to make my vest snap in place behind me. My 4 crystal wings are hardly attached to my back by magic but my two large bird wings are the pair that I'm stuck with. They attach to me by the shoulder blades and as I straighten my clothes I feel my powerful flight muscles that wrap around my ribs from my back.

I walk over to the full body mirror in my closet to check myself. The lavender spirals in my eyes stare back at me. No pupils in those light green irises, just a lavender swirl in each eye that can hypnotize any soul who is foolish enough to let themselves get charmed by a fey like me. My six black horns look almost like a crown that fades into my black hair. My hair is getting quite long... I kind of like it...

Sadly I really did need to get out of my bedroom and prepare for today because right after breakfast I had to help prepare for the summer solstice. Every solstice was a big party but I couldn't care less about parties apart from a chance to make unwanted allies. I groaned at my reflection for what is to come. I'd really really like to stay locked up in my room. No windows to remind me of the time, no people to talk to, no reason not to sleep or play with my random shiny things.

After forcing myself to open the door, I walk down the hallway, past 3 doors, and then down the staircase. After walking down another short hallway of two more doors, which lead to a small kitchen and Landry/cleaning room, I walk into the common room.