Tired Of My Scheming

The trip back to Hastinapur was unpleasant for Divyanshi, the first reason was the period cramps and the second reason was the words of Krishnn. She wondered how would she break Karn and Duryodhan's friendship.

She schemed plans to break the friendship but feared if it would impact her relationship in a bad way. Days passed and Karn was curious to know the reason of her isolating herself. Duryodhan announced about his trip to the kingdom of Kalinga for a swayamvar. As always, Divyanshi knew what was to come. She feared if Duryodhan and Karn would kidnap Princess Bhanumati and her main Supriya.

The royal family was surprised to finally see Divyanshi out her room after days. She barged in Karn's room.

"Oh my god! You know that I exist!" Karn teased her.

"You are going to Kalinga?" Divyanshi ignored his mockery.

"Obviously." He said, "Now tell me the reason of the isolation. Vaasudev said something, didn't he?"

"How did you know?" She asked.

"It was just a guess but you confirmed it." He gently pulled her close to him, "Tell me, dear."

"It was about him going to some place, he didn't tell me where. He told me he won't be able to meet me for a long time." She lied.

"Don't worry. I will make you feel home." Karn hugged him.

"Whose swayamvar is it?" Divyanshi asked, obviously she knew.

"Rajkumari Bhanumati, Duryodhan wants to kidnap her but I told him to participate in the swayamvar." He said.

"So will you both just kidnap her or someone else too?" She inquired.

"You are ok with us kidnapping someone?" He asked.

"No but I just had this question in my mind." She said, "Will you?"

"I don't support the kidnapping part." He said.

The day was near when they had to leave for Kalinga. Divyanshi's tension grew more and more. Aprajita was worried for her.

"If you convince Yuvraj to only kidnap the princess, the maid wouldn't be a problem." Aprajita suggested.

"But kidnapping is absolutely wrong." Divyanshi protested, "Rajkumari Bhanumati would feel uncomfortable with us after the marriage. Can you believe it? Kidnapped and married!"

"I am sure the princess would want her maid to marry Angraj if not kidnapped." Aprajita said, "Kidnapping the princess would help you."

"I don't want her to suffer because I fear my man would marry some other woman." Divyanshi said, "And then I would be called the other woman." She scoffed in agony.

"You want lose him, Devi?" Aprajita sat near Divyanshi.

"No, I don't but I can't do Bhanumati wrong." Divyanshi frowned.

"I have a idea, you have to lie for it to succeed." Aprajita spread a wide smile across her face.

"Here goes nothing!" Divyanshi gave up and followed Aprajita's command.

A few more days passed. Duryodhan, Shakuni and Karn waited for Dushasan at the palace gates. Queen Gandhari stood with an 'aarti thali' beside King Dhritarashtra. Divyanshi and Aprajita were present there too. Aprajita passed a smirk to Divyanshi.

Dushasan joined them and Duryodhan taunted him. "Oh! Look! You are early."

"Don't mock me, Bhratashree. Let's go." Dushasan said.

Queen Gandhari did their aarti and applied tika on their forehead. She blessed them with good luck. Aprajita whispered something in Divyanshi's ear and she nodded. Aprajita walked back a few steps and watched as Divyanshi fell down. Karn ran to her.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he picked her up and rested her head on him.

"She is unconscious. We have to pick her up." Aprajita said.

Karn carried Divyanshi to her bedroom. He placed her on her bed and kept hold of her hand.

"What has happened to her?" He asked in concern.

Aprajita checked Divyanshi's temperature by placing her hand on Divyanshi's forehead. "She has fever. She is ill."

"Mitr Karn, I suggest you to stay here." Duryodhan suggested.

"But the swayamvar?" Karn asked.

"You must stay with her." Duryodhan showed concern. 

A half unconscious Divyanshi held Karn's hand tightly. "Don't leave me! Please don't leave me." She faintly spoke.

"Yes, yes, I am with you." He said. Shakuni frowned at his statement.

Duryodhan left with Dushasan and Shakuni for Kalinga. Karn stayed with Divyanshi as she rested on her bed. Aprajita applied a wet cloth on her forehead. 

"I think you let her rest. I will take care of her, Angraj." Aprajita spoke.

"No, why would my presence disturb her? I will not go." Karn denied.

"Please try to understand." she said, "It's best for her."

Karn left the room after many requests. Aprajita waited for him to fully leave. She sighed hard and turned to Divyanshi.

"You are a good actress." Aprajita said.

Divyanshi got up and straighten herself. "I feel awful."

"Yes, hot soup and warm blankets in summer would make anyone feel awful." Aprajita sat on the bed.

"No, I feel awful for doing this." Divyanshi held her head and groaned, "In Kaliyug I would've mind much about this but here? It feels like a sin."

"At least the chances of Angraj marrying someone else decreased." Aprajita said, "You should be happy."

"I don't like-" Divyanshi heard footsteps. She faked groaning in pain and held her head.

"Can't I just stand outside?" Karn asked as he entered the room. He saw Divyanshi awake, weak from the unconsciousness. "You are awake?" He sprinted towards her, "What happened to you?"

"I don't know. I was dieting and eating less these days." Divyanshi said. "And the 'girl thing' finished a few days ago."

"It is common for incidents like this to happen in this climate." Aprajita added. She put a cushion behind Divyanshi to help her sit.

"It is good that you are ok now." Karn smiled looking at Divyanshi finally awake. "I will let you rest." He smiled once more and walked out of the room.

"I said him the same thing minutes ago." Aprajita commented.

Divyanshi felt bad for all the drama she did but was happy too, she prevented him from going to Kalinga. She planned to tell him the truth later in the right time.

"I am tired of my scheming." she sighed before going to sleep.

..................