Kuru's Heir

"We all are gathered here to announce the future of the Kuru clan." Bhism started, "We shall decide who will be the next king."

"It is decided that the Kuru kingdom will be divided between the Kauravs and the Pandavs and Pitamah will accompany the Pandavs to wherever King Dhritarashtra wants them to rule." Vidhur added.

Divyanshi glared at Karn, and he looked down not able to look into her eyes. "I knew it!" she mumbled.

"This is absolutely wrong!" Duryodhan raged.

"You are getting to rule Hastinapur, what is wrong in that?" Bhism asked.

Dhritarashtra interrupted, "I am still the king, Taatshree. The partition will need my permission and I will decide if you will leave Hastinapur or not." he said, Divyanshi rolled her eyes. "And I don't allow you to accompany the Pandavs, they will only get to rule their territory."

The simple conversation turned into a heated debate. If the were allowed to hit each other, half of the people would in hospital. Divyanshi and Karn passed looks at each other as neither of them had any right to speak in the matter. Vidhur gave suggestions to Pandavs which they agreed on but Duryodhan's dramatic ass couldn't bear to see the Pandavs happy. To fulfil his son's happiness Dhritarashtra announced his decision.

"I get to decide because I am the King. There won't be any discussions now!" Dhritarashtra announced.

"Then why did you waste our time?" Divyanshi muttered. Her eyes fell on the Pandavs, Yudhishtir was calm but also ready to speak about any injustice. Bheem was full of rage. Arjun had his eyebrows furrowed, he was sad with the upcoming unfair decision. Nakul and Sahadev, both were looking at Bheem, wanting him to take the matter into his hands and Duryodhan's neck into his biceps. She glanced at Draupadi who was standing right next to the Pandavs, she was sweating and looked pale.

"I declare that Pandu putr Yudhishtir will get to be the independent king of Khandavprasth." The King announced.

Duryodhan and Dushasan smirked, while Shakuni was proud of Dhritarashtra for the first time. Divyanshi looked at the Pandavs and Draupadi to see their reaction, as expected, they were sad but Draupadi looked paler then she was earlier. Divyanshi approached her in hurry but was late as Draupadi fainted.

"Why be so dramatic? What did she expect from us?" Dushasan quacked.

Divyanshi gave him a sharp look and Karn knew what was to be done. "Mitr Duryodhan," he said.

"Yes, Mitr Karn?" Duryodhan nodded.

"Please tell your brother to shut up." Karn said firmly and looked away. Maybe he was feeling strange after saying something rude after ages.

"You'll be ok, girl?" Divyanshi held her best friend, "Don't sleep! Wake up, darling!"

Arjun lifted Draupadi and carried her to her room. He placed her on the bed gently. "Call a vaidya someone!" he said.

The vaidya came and checked Draupadi. Everyone was worried, surprisingly Duryodhan was tensed. He and Shakuni were discussing something in private. Karn held Divyanshi's hand and passed her a comforting smile, Shakuni noticed this and smirked to himself.

"Congratulation!" the vaidya came out of the room, "She is pregnant." 

For a moment Divyanshi became deaf, she could hear her heartbeat, she felt it speeding up. "What?" she was surprised.

The Pandav brother hugged each other. Duryodhan and Shakuni were sad to hear the news as Duryodhan didn't have any children, he was afraid. 

"It is such a great news!" Bhism said, "The Kuru clan now has an heir. Kuru's heir!"

"She's pregnant! Oh lord! I can't believe it!" Divyanshi rambled.

"Congratulations!" Karn hugged Yudhishtir and gained a jealous look from Duryodhan.

"Mere bacche, can't you see?" Shakuni tried to add salt to Duryodhan's wounds.

"See what?" Duryodhan asked annoyingly.

"This new girl has already snatched your friend from you." Shakuni said, Duryodhan thought about it. "Thinking won't solve it. We must do something about it."

"Like what? You want me to kill her?" Duryodhan glared at Divyanshi, if looks could Divyanshi would be-nah! Not dead. He was a weak bastard.

"Killing her isn't the solution. Lakshagraha didn't work, did it?" Shakuni said, "I am saying that if we get her on our side, it will profit us. And if we fail, which I doubt we will but if we do, everything will be Karn's fault."

"How? How will it be his fault?" Duryodhan questioned.

"Because he will be our medium, mere bacche." Shakuni spread a wide smile across his face.

"You want me to betray the girl I call 'sister'?" Duryodhan asked.

"I want you to punish the girl who might ruin your chances to be the king." Shakuni defended.

"I am pretty sure that they are the same person." Duryodhan said.

"Oh! Then you mustn't feel bad doing this." Shakuni manipulated him.

"This-It's-"

"Don't think too much about it, mere bacche! I will help you." Shakuni interrupted him.

"Mitr, are you not happy?" Karn approached Duryodhan.

"What?" Duryodhan said with a fake smile, "Rubbish! I am happy."

"Oh! Good to hear. Divyanshi is ready with the names." Karn said.

"You two seem pretty close, Angraj." Shakuni spoke.

"Yes, we are friends." Karn replied.

"If you want I can convince her to marry you." Shakuni said.

"What-what?" Karn stammered.

"Ha! Mamashree, what are you saying?" Duryodhan elbowed him.

"You both heard me right." Shakuni said, "I would love to see you both getting married."

"But-I-" Karn couldn't process the words.

"Are you scared she will not marry you?" Shakuni asked faking concern.

Duryodhan kept looking at his uncle blabbering absolute nonsense with perfect confidence.

"I am." Karn spoke.

"Then don't worry. I will help you convince her to marry you." Shakuni patted Karn's shoulder. "After all, you are like a son to me."

"Thank you but I really have to think on this topic. She might not be interested in marrying me." Karn said and left.

"What was that? How is this going to solve our problems?" Duryodhan inquired.

"You are my nephew, aren't you?" Shakuni turned his head to his new victim, he saw her talking to Arjun and smiling. "We must get her on our side before it's too late. She is an asset."

"Then why Karn?" Duryodhan was confused, he wanted Karn and her to be together but he wasn't able to accept the fact that Shakuni would be plotting against both of them.

"Because you won't be marrying her, you call her your sister and I am pretty sure no one would want to marry Dushasan..." He glanced at Dushasan trying to get his hand off the flower vase, he was pretty clumpy. "That's why Karn, he is your mitr and won't betray you. We can control the woman once she gets married."

"This should work or else both of their lives will be ruined." Duryodhan showed concern.

"Why must you worry, mere bacche? They are nothing to you. They are just some obstacles in between you and the Kuru throne." Shakuni smirked.

..................