Caught

Caught red-handed, Divyanshi and Karn stood in the hallway with Ashwathama.

"You vaish-"

"How dare you!" Karn charged at him.

"Hey! Don't!" Divyanshi tried to stop them.

"Oh! Let him! After all we all know who is he!" Ashwathama laughed.

"Shut up, you little bitch!" Divyanshi swore.

"You dare call me a bitch!" Ashwathama's ego was hurt.

"No, I dared to call you a 'little bitch'." She sneered.

Realising they might be punished for such act, Karn tried to calm the argument. "You saw nothing, you get that?"

"No, I saw everything. You both, you both were about to kiss." Ashwathama said.

"Yes, we were. What will you do?" Divyanshi snarled.

"I will tell Duryodhan!" Ashwathama replied.

"He knows about this." Karn told him.

"Then I will Gandharaj." Ashwathama spoke again.

"Ha! He knew about this way before we both realised." Divyanshi mocked.

"I will tell father." Ashwathama warned.

"What will he do?" Divyanshi asked.

"No, I won't tell him about you both. I will ask him to get me married to you." Ashwathama said.

"And as if I will agree to marry you. You are nothing but a product of nepotism." Divyanshi said.

"I will get my revenge! I will ruin you!" Ashwathama threatened before walking away.

"Yeah! Go ahead! Do that! I have dealt with idiots like you back home!" Divyanshi shouted back.

"I am more dangerous!" He replied.

"I am crazier! You should sleep with one eye open!" She sneered.

"He will tell everyone! He will marry you! I can't let that happen!" Karn panicked.

"I ain't marrying that son of a bitch." Divyanshi calmed him down.

"Guru Dron will come to you and you must say no but please be polite. If he gets angry he will curse us, and maybe even worse, he will curse you." Karn worried.

"That will happen if I let him finish." She said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Call Krishnn, send him a letter about this. I am sure he will help us." She went to her room.

Locking the door before checking if someone was around, she lied on her bed and sobbed. She didn't want a curse, she worried if Guru Dron would curse Karn because he never liked him much. She wondered if Guru Dron would take the ability to fight from Karn and being helpless, Karn would leave her.

"Is she there?" She heard a man's voice.

"Yes, she is, Guru Dron." The helper replied.

Divyanshi wiped her tears and straighten herself. She stood up and opened the door. "Pranaam, Guruji!" She greeted him with a fake smile.

"Pranaam Devi!" He genuinely smiled, "I wanted to talk about something with you. It is very personal so I came here."

"I know what you want to say." She said.

"You do? Ashwathama just told me about his feelings for you." He said.

"I do know about his feelings but I can't marry him." She faked concern, she furrowed her eyebrows and avoided eye contact. "I-I can't talk about it."

"What is it? Why don't you marry my son?" He asked.

"It's because he won't like me. I am not what you call pure, you know. I have been with boys." She replied.

"Boys?" He gasped.

"I would love to marry him but he would not want to marry me." She let out some tears, "Perhaps, you can convince him. Please ask him to marry me."

"No! No!" He backed.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"I want to rethink. I will ask him again as you said." He walked out of the room.

"Should I come to you?" She asked faking more concern, she loved every bit of fear in his eyes.

"No, I will send you a message." He left.

"Men!" She laughed when he was out of her sight.

"You scared him." She heard.

"Peace was never an option." She said smiling at Krishnn. "You are early."

"You called, I had to come." He smiled.

"The men in this yug, they are so irritating." She complaint.

"I know, you should have visit me in Tretayug. It was beautiful." He said.

"What happened? Did he give you curse? Are you ok?" Karn came. He looked at Krishnn. "Pranaam Vaasudev!"

"Pranaam Angraj!" Krishnn greeted him.

"Everything went well. I didn't let him think about curse." Divyanshi told Karn.

"What? How?" He asked.

"I told him that I have been with boys. I thought that I will say girls too but it's pretty common to like the same gender. I don't know what's wrong with the Kaliyug people. And it's kinda tough to fake cry without glycerine." She blabbered.

"You have been with boys?" Karn asked.

"Yes, is it wrong?" She spoke firmly.

"No, it isn't. It's good that you have experience. You could teach me." He smiled. She looked at him with a confused look. "What happened?" He looked at Krishnn who was controlling his laughter and back to Divyanshi.

"Your mother raised you right." She said.

......................

She prevented a curse from Guru Dron.

Everything is going fine but is it the silence before the storm or its just a genuine time in Dwaparyug?

****