A Filthy Man

Divyanshi was a 22 year old girl. Her life was pretty boring but the only thing she liked about it was that she was studying what she actually wanted to study, Psychology. She was pursuing her dreams in The Delhi University studying Psychology.

Living in Noida, she had to travel everyday by metro which was another unsafe place for her and several other women. Gathering all the courage she stepped in hoping that she won't she won't get in any 'trouble'. The definition of 'trouble' in her dictionary was 'getting harassed by a man' which was so common that it was being ignored in the past few months. A few weeks before the day, her classmate was touched wrongly, in a manner which should've been punished but the man who was the culprit was released because 'a bad touch' couldn't be proven.

She gave up her seat to an elderly man, he had a shawl wrapped on him. She tried not to look at him but couldn't control the urge. She noticed the disappointed look on his face.

"Sir, you look extremely upset." She pointed out. It was an old habbit, to speak unnecessarily.

"I went to the movies." The elderly man replied, his voice was deep and gave away his experiences of past.

"Ah, must be Adipurush, right?" She made a wild guess.

The man looked at her then sighed, he nodded.

"They did an awful job. You know, Ranbir Kapoor saved-"

"Who?" The man interrupted her.

Divyanshi paused, "He is an actor. Anyway, he saved a seat for Hanuman ji. Can you believe that? For that stupid film."

The man looked more upset, "Why would they insult my lord? Half of those things never happened. I don't know where these young people get there knowledge from."

She watched as the elderly man started to complain about the film. "You are a devotee." She remarked.

"Yes, I live for my prabhu." He nodded.

"What's your name, uncle?"

He took a minute before answering, "Maruti Anjanaye Pushpkarna."

"That's...a long name." She commented.

His station came, and the man left. The weather was extremely hot. Not tying her hair was a big mistake. She hated standing in a metro filled with people with sweaty armpits and it was so unfortunate of her that she had a sweaty armpit just in front of her face, and as if that wasn't it, there was an infant crying uncontrollably just beside her, an elderly man who couldn't stop coughing on the other side and a filthy man who couldn't stop falling on her; behind her. Her breath fasten and her heartbeat even more, she could not bear the torture. She had enough, if it was a mistake she would've easily forgive the man but he was purposely falling on her, touching her constantly. She turned around and pushed him back.

"Are you blind? Can't you see so much space? Go stand there! Not close to me." she raged.

"Oh madam! Who are you to blame me? It's not my fall that I fell on you. You are being so dramatic." the man grinned.

She felt the sudden urge to scratch his face with her long nails and bang his head on the pole beside her. His grin which was as filthy as a gaze of a hyena looking at its pray. She controlled herself and said, "You aren't to be blamed? You purposely fell on me, you fool! Not once! Not twice but this whole time since you've boarded!"

He scoffed. "The women these days!" He said with disgust, "You are provoking me by wearing this deep neck top! And you're blaming me?"

She stared at him for a minute, she couldn't process the shit he spoke. "Are you mad? What the hell is wrong with you?" She spoke.