Angdesh

"So, what are your hobbies other than archery?" asked Divyanshi. At some point she was bored with watching reels and Karn wasn't the person to start a conversation.

"I don't know. I can do archery well and..." he thought, "I can ride a horse." he said.

"Yeah, you can ride a horse." she repeated nonchalantly. "How is your mother? Do you go meet her often?"

"You know about my mother?" Karn asked.

"Of course, she is an important part of your side of the story." she said.

"How?" the chariot's speed reduced as Karn gained curiosity.

"She-she gave birth to you, that's how." Divyanshi didn't lie to him, just hid the truth.

"Oh yes!" he recalled and smiled, "You know about me already but I don't know you much. How was your life like in that yug?"

"It was boring. I had to get up early and travel from one place to another then those lectures," she sighed and smiled, "I had good friends, we used to sit in the canteen and plan for trips but we never got to go to those places. Once we planned to visit Goa and we even had the money but my friend, Akhil got sick; well, we had to cancel."

"You like to travel, don't you?" he asked.

"Like? No, I love to travel. I am a sucker for exploring places and hell yeah! The food is to die for!" she rambled, "Have you ever tried 'Delhi ki chaat'? Of course, you haven't! I could kill a person to have those-" she glanced at him, pausing herself from speaking, "I didn't mean that in that way."

"You should observe Dushasan when we talk about food the next time. One time we went for a war and just before the battle he ate so much that he slept. We won the war but he had no idea. He slept for three days straight, Gandharaj was afraid that he died." he laughed.

Divyanshi laughed too. She had never seen him laugh like this. He was happy and so was she. She noticed the glow on his face when he smiled, his smile was to die for. Time passed like a lightning streak and they reached Angdesh. 

"The palace is so beautiful!" she said in awe. 

"It is better in the inside." Karn said, he motioned her to walk with him as helpers took their stuff. 

"Oh! I could just stay here for eternity." she said.

"Maybe you should." he muttered.

She heard him and smiled. "That's magnificent!" she looked at the throne. 

"I never liked it." he commented.

"Why?" she asked.

"It is a burden for a person. One needs a partner for it." he explained.

"That's deep." she commented.

"What-what are your thoughts on marriage? I mean you will marry someone here because you can't go back to 'your' life." he asked.

"Marriages don't work out easily. It would be tough to find a person whom I can agree with." she wondered more on the topic she never cared to ever think about, "Maybe that's why I don't want to get married. Dating is good but marriage is a big no."

"What if you find that person someday?" he added.

"There is an 'if' in that. I don't take risks." she said, "The last time I did, it didn't end well. He beat me, I beat him and that was toxic."

"I am sorry." he apologised, "I hate such people."

Divyanshi didn't say anything, she nodded. The fact he said he hated those people but roamed with Duryodhan made her think if she really liked him or was it just a summer crush. They spent the day wandering in the markets and telling their childhood stories to each other. The night went well after dinner, they sat under the moonlight in the rose garden.

"We didn't have Petunia Black Velvet because those are flowers of death and highly inauspicious. Roses are good." Karn said sitting on a rock.

"Roses are nice, I like them too." she sat with him. He was red sitting right next to her, he was indeed happy and his face said so. As always, it was glowing. This caught Divyanshi's attention. "When you get happy your face glows." she stated, "I just noticed that."

"Everyone's face glows when they smile." Karn shook off the comment.

"No, I mean that your face literally glows. These kundals actually glow when you are happy." she explained. "I knew that they are with you since your birth but I had no idea that these glow."

Karn's smile dropped, "I never told you about these glowing nor anyone else." Divyanshi knew she messed up, "You know something important, don't you?"

"I know about the kundals because I am from the future, remember?" she tried to hide that she knew about his origin.

"Why are not telling anyone about what you know?" he inquired.

"Because if I tell you or anyone about it, something worse can happen." she tried to reason, she stood up and went back to the palace.

"What is it? A war? Someone dies, right? Is it some old secret that will be revealed?" Karn followed her in the corridor and grabbed her wrist. He held it gently and brought her to stand in front of him against the wall. The more he spoke the more he brought his face to hers.

"I don't want to ruin anything. If someone is going to change those events it is going to be me so don't interfere with my plan. It's extremely necessary." she stated, her heart was pounding. The distance between their faces was not even an inch. 

"Please answer me!" he spoke softly, "I don't want to get hurt hearing the truth from someone else."

Not knowing what to do and not wanting to answer, she unknowingly pecked him. Parting after realising what she had done was absolutely foolish she went to her room hastily while he stood staring into nothingness. 

..............................

Oh no! What did she do? It was an awkward start, right?

I wanna know your thoughts about their relationship.

Please comment!!!

What song suits their personality?

*****