Letter

"What it is?" Divyanshi asked.

"It's from Panchali." Karn replied, "She is upset."

He handed her the letter and she read it :-

"I can't believe you did this to me. I thought of you as a friend. You left me when I needed you the most. I told you that I would feel lonely here but you still didn't come to visit me. I needed you to be with me, there is nothing here, it is just a barren land. I wanted you to be with me but you stayed with the Kauravs. You have betrayed me. I don't ever want to see your face again.

Draupadi"

"What happened? What is in the letter?" Karn asked when he saw Divyanshi tearing up.

"She said that she doesn't want see my face again." She fell on her knees, "What did I do? I came here even though I didn't want to. I want to tell her it's not my mistake."

"Yes, it's not your mistake. It is just a misunderstanding." He consoled her.

She thought about it and wondered if she was the problem. "I think it is my mistake. I came here, I should have been with her in the first place. I should have joined her when she left Hastinapur. It's me. I am the problem. It's me." She blamed herself.

"Who said that? You didn't do anything wrong." He hugged her.

"It is because of me that this has happened. I am the one trying to change the future. Look what I have done. I am the one to be blamed." She sobbed more.

"How are you the one to be blamed? I don't blame you nor does Panchali. She is just upset with you." He said.

"But she wrote that she doesn't want to see my face ever. What about that?" She asked.

"She-she is just angry. People say such things when they are angry." He tried to reason.

"Yes, she is angry because of me. I did something bad and she isn't feeling good. I blame myself." She said.

"There is nothing wrong with you!" He stated.

Watching from a distance, Shakuni smirked. He rested one of his hand on the window sill and drank liquor with the other.

"How were you so sure?" Duryodhan asked, "How were you so sure that the plan would work?"

"My name is Gandharaj Shakuni. I am the smartest of my people." Shakuni took a sip, "I am a mastermind."

"No one can win from you, Mamashree." Dushashan said.

"Indeed!" Duryodhan agreed.

"What about the letter you wrote to Draupadi?" Dushashan asked.

Shakuni didn't reply but drank from his cup. Duryodhan asked him the same question but Shakuni just laughed.

"It will reach her soon and soon there will be chaos. The Pandavs will be furious with the new girl and she would be devastated and that is when we will give her a shoulder to cry; rather a whole person."

"Mitr Karn?" Duryodhan guessed.

"Yes, that boy Karn. He will be an important piece in our game." Shakuni sneered.

Devastated from reading the letter, Divyanshi's return trip to Hastinapur wasn't pleasant. Karn was heart broken to see her like this. He wanted to tell her about his feelings but he feared she would think he'd been using her for the Kauravs. He was smart enough to know that Duryodhan was wrong but he was bound by his oath; oath to be loyal to him.

"When will we reach Hastinapur?" Divyanshi asked after hours of staying silent.

"In an hour." Karn replied, he was happy to see her speak again.

An hour passed and they arrived at Hastinapur. They were welcomed by Queen Gandhari, as soon as the welcome ritual was done, Divyanshi went to her room for a bath.

Dipping her feet in the water she slowly drowned her body in it. She was ugly crying, sobbing hard. Her eyes were puffed and red from the constant sorrow running down from her eyes. She screamed under the water and rose up from it. Not knowing what to do, she remembered Krishnn and decided to write him a letter. She came out of the bathroom and dressed herself in the saree Draupadi gifted her. She called for her helper, Aprajita and asked her to write for her.

"What am I supposed to write?" Aprajita asked.

"Pick up the feather and write- I am not feeling good at all and I need you. Please come pick me from this hell before I die in the burning flames of self hatred." Divyanshi dictated.

"Is it for some sad story book?" Aprajita inquired while writing on the parchment.

"No, it's a letter." Divyanshi replied.

"To whom this is for? What should I write?" Aprajita dipped the feather in the ink.

"You don't need to write that. It is for a friend, he'll know." Divyanshi said, "Don't write my name too."

"Ok, it is still wet. Please don't fold it already, Devi." Aprajita smiled.

"Thank you, you may leave now." As soon as Aprajita left. Divyanshi caught a raven from her balcony and tied the letter on it. "I will name you Sirius." The raven flew with the letter up in the sky.

Now all she did was wait for her friend to arrive.

.........................

Just so you people don't get confused traveling to Angdesh takes at least four days. So, one week has passed since the Pandavs' departure for Khandavprasth. That's why Divyanshi was feeling awful for not being able to visit Draupadi.

How many Taylor Swift references did you find? (There are always her references.)

*****