~Getting Closer~

Beyoncé

I couldn't stop thinking about what Onika had said just a couple hours ago.

As I sat up in her room— she wouldn't let me leave— I was on my phone doing my own little research.

A little is someone that likes to act younger than they really are. It's kind of like having an alter ego that's much younger then yourself. Most littles don't act little 24/7, but when they do slip into their younger alter ego it's called slipping into headspace.—

Okay so that's what it means.. it explains a lot really. From her behaviour switches. I guess now I can be a bit more understanding.

But on another more serious note.., she literally just admitted to being abused by her father. I knew there was something seriously off about that man because why else would he come up to her room in the dead of night with a whip in his hand?!

And the fact that her mother just ignores everything going on around her is truly disturbing, I wonder if that's why Onika's siblings don't be visiting?

Could that have contributed to her little space or something else.. I don't know.

Maybe I should just ask Onika but definitely not now, she already looked uncomfortable disclosing all this information to me, I wouldn't want to make her even more uncomfortable.

"Why's your phone so bright?" Onika groans squinting her eyes at me and like you guessed yes we were sleeping in the same bed.. her bed.

Since her parents went wherever the hell they went to, she barely let me sleep in my own room.

If I insisted on going back she would be whining and throwing a temper tantrum like a couple hours ago...

"Okay that's it. I'll be going now."

We had a late night YouTube binging session while snacking on some pizza we'd ordered earlier, but when I'd seen the time I decided it was getting quite late so I had to leave, I've already slept over once and before the other workers start suspecting something I gotta stop.

If I lose this job it's over for me, how am I gonna feed, where am I gonna stay. How would I go back to college.. if ever? I don't wanna beg my friends for anything.

"No! don't go bey, sleepover."

"I can't Onika I already did that once, I gotta stop doing it for both our sakes."

"Why? My parents aren't around. No one's gonna know plus we ain't even doing nothing bad. You my friend and friends sleepover all the time it ain't that serious."

"Friends don't kiss Onika. And it doesn't even work that way, people will start getting suspicious."

"How will they know just because you didn't sleep there that your cozied up in my room?"

"They don't know that but they would know I wasn't in the house and then they may report that to your father and then I'll lose my job. I can't lose my job Onika." I rubbed my temple in frustration.

"You not gonna lose your damn job Beyoncé. Stop being so fucking paranoid!"

"I can't do this with you right now, I'm leaving."

"What the hell bey?! We're having a conversation right now?!"

"Your raising your voice Onika that ain't a conversation, I'm going."

She immediately went for her default move a deep pout, tucking her lip in and just as I turned my body towards the door I felt her arms wrapping around my torso.

"I'm sorry bey. Just sleepover please? I promise this will be the last time.. please?"

I contemplated for awhile before finally sighing, "Last time?"

She hesitated for awhile before finally saying, "L-last time."

"Sorry, I'm about to go to bed anyways." I switch the phone off dropping it on her beside table and like a default move she wrapped her arms around me.

This girl clingy as hell but I wouldn't really say it's a bad thing... Wait what the hell am I thinking ?! this is Onika we're talking about right now.

I sigh falling asleep to Onika's slow breathing in my ear.

I squint at the bright light penetrating into the room and in my eyes, yawning I slowly sit up on the bed looking at the bedside clock I'd seen it was already almost 8.00 am.

Onika wasn't on the bed besides me like the night before but I did hear the shower in the bathroom running.

Slowly I dangle my feet off the bed, I wanna leave before the maids get here, even though I know I'm already quite late for all that.

The sound of a phone ringing made me snap my face to the bed seeing Onika's phone displaying some.

Kenneth 🙄

I could already guess who it was, before I could even call out to Onika the call disconnected leaving me to see Onika's phone screen clearly and for some reason her wallpaper was the picture we took the day at the pool.

And before I could comment on it, Onika was already walking out the bathroom in a pink robe and slides.

"Oh you're awake." She smiles using a small towel to wipe at her wet hair, I just nod silently looking the other way.

I think it's time to leave, I wanna visit Kelly today maybe ask for some advice while I'm at it, since she works from home I'm not all to worried about visiting her on a weekday.

"You got a call." I say looking at her again, she raises her brow at that. "Who?"

I just shrug, I don't know how she'd feel about me bringing up the Kenneth guy and plus I don't want her to think I was looking through her phone or sumn'.

"I'm gonna head out now anyways and I won't be back till later this evening."

She just nods slowly watching me walk out the room.

I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes but God knows we both need a little break from being around one another so much.

She'll get over it....

__

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Future predictions?

What do you want to see in the book?[drop some ideas↑]

Vote, comment, share+♡ = update:)