Chapter 29: Hera

We got into the backseat of the car, with me in the middle, Jungkook on my left and Taehyung on my right.

The taller of the duo tried to get into the driver's seat but both the shorter guy and Taehyung yelled "We don't want to die."

Wearing a sheepish grin, the taller one decided to sit on the passenger seat. We drove off from there quickly, and I wondered when my next encounter with Notus would be.

He was always right in front of my eyes, spying on us. That explains why it was so easy for him to kill my co-workers. Because he was one too.

Seeing as he decided to attack me only when he somehow knew that my powers were back, there's a high chance that he still wants my powers. Probably that includes muttering some spell while he maintains contact with me.

That surely gives me an advantage.

But that fucker. He didn't only attack me. He killed some of my friends. Some of Taehyung's friends. He tried to kill Jungkook. I won't let him see the morning of next month. No. He's getting killed soon by my hands.

"How did you find us Yoongi Hyung?" Taehyung asked the guy who was driving.
Yoongi. Nice name.
"You're doubting an assassin's skills?" He smirked from the rearview mirror.

"Can I know your name?" I asked.
"Namjoon, baby."
Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the open flirting.

Wow, so he was tall, handsome and a flirt. Taehyung sure has a spectacular friend circle.

"And who are you?" Yoongi asked as he looked back for a second.

"I'm Hera, Taehyung's-" I began to say but Taehyung completed the sentence, "-girlfriend."
Namjoon raised an eyebrow this time.
"Too bad." He muttered from the passenger seat.

"And this is Jungkook. He works with me." I said as I pointed to my left.

"Are you going to tell us what the fuck was that? I practically saw you both choking on nothing." Namjoon spoke. Hm, I could see that he was highly observant.

Both the guys sitting beside me looked at me expectantly.
"Yeah, no. I'm not repeating the whole thing again."
Taehyung sighed and began to explain the power-reincarnation-twin story.

As expected, I had to put the rearview mirror on fire to prove it to them.

"Okay, okay. We believe you. Put this off." Namjoon panicked and with a blink of my eyes, the fire was gone.

"Who knew our friend of four years would turn out to be an immortal heartbroken lover? Just wait till the others hear about this. I bet Jimin would have a lot to say to his best friend." Yoongi commented, sneering.
Well, that's one way to put it.

"So what's the plan?" Jungkook asked.
"It's pretty simple, actually. He needs to touch me in order to kill me or take my powers, whatever. I won't even get near him. We capture him and then we kill him."

"How?" Both Taehyung and Jungkook asked at the same time. Honestly, did they even have a brain?

"He made a mistake the first time he attacked me. We will make sure to not do that again." I explained, but the both of them still kept staring at me as if I were spitting some nonsense.

"We will cover his eyes." Namjoon spoke from the front.
It was my turn to be impressed now. I tilted my head, mildly intrigued by him.

"Taehyung, it's time you back up. Looks like Hera and Namjoon will ride off into the sunset together." Jungkook mocked.
"This is the first time I'm agreeing with you." Taehyung sighed.

I glared at him.

"But we need answers. Also, even if we somehow limit his hands and eyes, there's also his power of curses." I said.
"So we cover his mouth too." Taehyung suggested.
"We need answers." I smugly grinned at him.

"Okay, so have you seen Stranger Things? Will is kept somewhere where he has no idea of the things surrounding him." Namjoon said.
"Perfect. We deprive him of his senses." I said and he nodded.

"I have a place that might be of help to you." Yoongi smirked.

He led us to a secluded house. We got out of the car and entered the house. It was all dark inside, until he switched on the lights. What was in front of us now was a luxurious house, having everything one might need to survive. He led us to a room, which didn't have any furniture and all the walls were painted white, including the cameras and speakers in the corner.

"The white room torture." I whispered and Yoongi nodded.

Needless to say, Yoongi was a damn good assassin.

"He wouldn't know the location of this room. I think this is perfect for you." He said, while the rest of us roamed around in awe.

"How do we lure him out though?" Yoongi asked.
"Me. I'm the bait. The most he can do is give me a few scratches." I replied.
"Or injure you to an extent that you can't even move." Jungkook said, and I nudged him hard in the ribs.

"You all should rest." I suggested and Yoongi led us all to the kitchen. We each took some snacks of our choices and sat down in the living room to eat.

"So, guys, are we ready with the plan or are we just here for the snacks?" Jungkook said as he chewed.
I couldn't figure out if he was genuinely asking, or if he was mocking how we were so relaxed.
"Well, Jungkook, I came for the snacks, but if I happen to catch the bad guy along the way, that's just a bonus." Yoongi smirked.

"Well, lucky for us, we have our I-can-control-two-of-the-elements Hera here to keep us all in line. Right, babe?" Taehyung wrapped an arm around me.

I saw Jungkook roll his eyes from the corner of my vision. "Oh, of course, Taehyung. Because capturing a dangerous killer is just a walk in the park for her. But don't worry, Hera. If things get tough, I'll use my devastating good looks to distract him. He won't know what hit him." He said, pretending to be serious.

"Guys, let's focus. We have a mission to complete. And Jungkook, remember to keep your flirting skills in check. We don't want the guy falling for you instead." Namjoon said as he leaned back on the sofa, mocking him.

"Alright, boys, gather around. It's time for a strategy session." I said as I grabbed some more snacks.
"Strategy? Can't we just go in there, look cool, and wing it?" Yoongi leaned back.
"Ah, the classic "Yoongi style" of problem-solving. Who needs plans when you have sunglasses and a nonchalant attitude?" Namjoon smirked.

"Yeah, Yoongi, and when that fails, we can rely on my irresistible charm to win him over. I'll have him in my control in no time!" Jungkook said.
"Your confidence sure does amaze me." I said sarcastically.

"Hera's right. We've got a mission to accomplish, and we can't afford any mistakes. But that doesn't mean we can't have some fun along the way, right?" Taehyung nodded.

"Of course, Tae. I'll just bring my trusty rubber duckie along to keep things entertaining. Nothing says "stealthy assassin" like a rubber duckie." Yoongi grinned mischievously.

~~~~

things are coming to an end, and lemme tell you, don't have hopes for an epic battle. i've portrayed notus as extremely dumb so there's not much to explore
remember to vote if you liked this chapter :)