Chapter 7: Taehyung

I was on edge the whole night. She... She took a bullet. For me. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

Why would she do that?

She kept drifting in and out of sleep. Once in a while, I'd hear some whispers. "Warm." "Thanks." was what she'd mutter before falling asleep again. I couldn't seem to make sense out of it.

I felt a tug on my hand which jerked me out of my sleep. She was about to wake up probably. I glanced at the clock and it was 5:23 in the morning. I rubbed her hand gently.

"It's okay, sweetheart." I whispered. She opened her eyes and I could see that she was fully conscious now.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" She asked. Was she really that dense?
"Well, I can't leave a person who took a bullet for me alone, to be honest."
"Oh, you're welcome." She slowly took her hand away from mine and tried to get up.
"No, no. Stay. You need to rest." I grabbed her shoulders and pressed her onto the bed again.

"How long?" She whined. I could hear the annoyance.
"They said it would take atleast two weeks for the wound to be properly healed. You can walk, though."
She sighed.

"How do you feel? Would you like something to eat?"
"Oh it's all fairies and gardens in my mind right now, Taehyung."
I chuckled. "You sure are tough to get through."

"Bring me a sandwich." She whispered.
"Consider it done." I said as I left for the kitchen.

I wasn't a great cook but the least I could do for her was make her something. The guilt of hurting her was gnawing me from inside. Even if it was indirect. It took about five minutes to prepare it and I was satisfied with how it tasted. I brought the sandwich to her room.

"You know, these things suck." She muttered, pointing at the IV drips.
"They sure do."
"How many times have you been injured?"
"More than you can think of."
"C'mon, tell me."
"That's a story for another time, darling."
I grabbed both her hands gently and helped her get up. "Here, eat some."
She chewed on the first bite warily, but then instantly lightened up.

"This is actually good. Tell the chef to make this for my breakfast." She said as if she wasn't kidnapped. But in all honesty, I was giving her everything she asked for.
I smiled. Anything for her. Even if it comes down to sneaking in the kitchen to make her a sandwich because a scary mafia doesn't really match the image of a cook, you know.

My mind was working fast, trying to find topics to initiate a conversation with her. I wanted to get to know her. She had her walls really high, going as far as to not telling me her name. But anyway, I wasn't the one to give up so easily.

"Your wound's dressing is to be changed once a day. I will come back with all the things you need in the evening."
She nodded, just content with eating.
We sat in silence after that, because apparently her favorite activity is staring into the distance or staring at my hands.

I took a look at my hands. Even I didn't understand what was so interesting about them.

Some hours later, Jungkook came in. "There's a deal you need to finalize and before you tell me to stall them, I have been doing exactly that for the past 24 hours."
Sometimes I wonder who was actually in charge here.
"Fine. Keep a watch on her." I ignored the glare she sent my way. I still wanted her to here. With me.

Jungkook nodded and sat on the sofa. With a last look at her, I walked out of the room. Keep it together, Taehyung.

I changed my face into a blank expression as I entered the meeting room.

~~~~

well things are about to get spicy and tbh i'm excited. also i'm thinking about developing jungkook's and hera's friendship cus i have a soft spot for him.
remember to vote if you liked this chapter :)