Chapter 6: Hera

There are times when I just want to not think about my mission and having dinner with him was one of them. Just too many questions.

Why is he so kind towards me? Why does he keep calling me sweetheart? Why is he trying to get to know me? Why do I feel... things when he does all that? Was I going soft?

I could always assume he has a thing for me but being a mafia leader, I'm sure he knows better than to let feelings get in his way. I wouldn't. He must have reached here because he knew better. Yeah, that must be it.

The reason was something else. To my surprise, I wanted to know the reason. No, Hera. You are here for something else.

If he was really soft towards me, maybe I could use that to my advantage. Get closer to him. To his personal space. Find things nobody knows about.

That evening, when Jungkook came to check on me, I asked him of something. He was surprised but agreed. To be honest, even I was surprised by the lengths I was willing to go to.

It had been a routine since that day. Each day, Taehyung would come with dinner. It was always delicious. We would have small chit chat. He would try to know my name and I would deny it again. Just like that, he came that night too.

With white sauce pasta, might I add. He definitely knew what I liked.

While we were talking, or shall I say, him asking questions and me keeping my boundaries, we heard gunshots outside.

Deja vu, except the roles were reversed.

They could have atleast waited till I finished the pasta, though.

"Stay here. If someone except me barges in, don't hesitate to shoot them." He gave me his gun. What an idiot move.

He was lucky I wasn't planning on escaping.

He quickly went out the door but not before locking me in. Atleast he was smart about that. I could figure out there was a lot of struggle going outside.

Bam.

A group of men, my men, kicked the door open. Or maybe shot it. I couldn't figure it out in this hustle. Seeing this, Taehyung ran to me.

Perfect.

The battle ensued. I tried to shoot them but I always missed. I wonder why. He was putting up a pretty good fight. I was impressed.

Then, one of my men aimed at him.

Time for the show, Hera.

As he was preparing to shoot, I ran towards Taehyung and at the right time, pushed him away. The bullet went straight to my stomach. As I stumbled to the floor, I felt a pair of arms catching me. Warm. All I saw was Jungkook looking both impressed and worried at a distance before I closed my eyes, darkness engulfing me.

Pain.

That was what I felt when I opened my eyes. I could make out the outline of a man standing near me. Taehyung.

"How are you feeling?"
"Never better". I muttered before I closed my eyes again.
I vaguely heard "Sense of humor is still intact. That's a good sign." before drifting into my peaceful slumber again.

All I remember from that night is waking up again and again. My vision was clouded. I could feel some kind of warmth on my left hand. Fingers. Somebody was holding my hand.

It felt nice. It felt familiar. It felt like home. It felt like him. Warm and cozy. It was the most comfortable I had ever felt in my 19 years of life. Even with the immense pain I was feeling.

~~~~

god i'm probably too self conscious to write stories on wattpad. but imma finish this. also the pics i put in the beginning of the chapters is what i imagine him wearing.
remember to vote if you liked this chapter :)