Chapter 15: Jungkook

THAT MORNING

I could see that Hera was getting closer to Taehyung right before my eyes. She knew the stakes and yet she was willing to risk it all.

I walked into our office. While I was watching the trees from the window, so peaceful and serene, I heard the clicking of heels before someone opened the door.

"Ms Romanoff." I nodded, acknowledging her.
"How is her mission going, Jungkook?" She asked, and I could sense a hint of worry.
"It's true that she has reached places I wasn't able to, but what we got isn't exactly useful." I remembered my conversation with her back at the hideout.

"What do you mean?"
"All he possessed were birth and death certificates. Of him. The catch is, they start from the year 1873." I carefully studied her face, trying to decipher what she was thinking.

After a moment, she spoke. "Whatever the reason is, it's not what we wanted. If there's nothing more to find out, then take as much back up as you need and get her back. Try to still be in his circle, though." With that, she left.

I knew what she meant. She wanted me to still play the double agent. Which of course I had no problem doing, but it was getting a bit boring.

Taehyung wasn't the type of person to do things that would be of hindrance to our country's safety. So what I was actually doing all these years was work for my country. Which I could easily do, while not being a double agent.

Shaking my thoughts out of head, I started thinking about how to get her out. It surely would a difficult task, as I have to be on Taehyung's good side and also try not to hurt her.

5 YEARS AGO

I chuckled as she cracked another joke. A girl just then barged into the hall, looking at her.

"Bad news, Hera. Nothing could be saved. We will have to spend some more days here." She said as she slumped beside me.
"Oh. To be honest, I am quite enjoying my time here." Hera replied, looking at me as we both started to laugh again. We had been cracking dad jokes for an hour now.

Her orphanage had caught a fire yesterday. In this case of emergency, her and her friends were brought to my orphanage for the time being.

She and I got along quite well. I got to know about her interests in serving the nation and I, being a patriot myself, admired that about her.

We got to enjoy some more days before they all were shifted to a new facility. I never heard from her again.

That was, until I got into this field of spying and found her there. She had become a professional. Quick at her feet and witty. But when I tried initiating a conversation, she didn't sound interested. She'd always make small talk, but never anything too friendly. As time passed, I understood.

She didn't remember me.

Since then, I have looked out for her from afar. It isn't much but it's all I can do.

I gathered force and told them the best time to attack the hideout. At around 9 pm, when the shifts of the guards were being changed. I then went back to the hideout and resumed my work for the day.

Just a few hours until showtime. I briefly pondered over all the ways we could avoid killing his people but some blood was bound to be shed.

So much just for us to learn that he wasn't an obstacle in our goals. Whatever. It all ends now.

~~~~

short chapter because i just wanted some jungkook bonding. let's see what future has in store for their friendship 👀
remember to vote if you liked this chapter :)