Muse - Clint x Reader

For Myshka_Barton18 

Clint sat in the music room, twirling the drumstick between his fingers, going over the lyrics of the song that he had written. It was something that he had done for some time; something that he enjoyed doing, writing song, both the lyrics and the music. But up until recently, he had lost all inspiration; that, and it was as if the world had something against him and the others. The team just seeming to go from one job to another. From one chance to get themselves killed, to the next. Yet these last couple of weeks had thankfully been quiet, and he had found himself humming little tunes and writing down lyrics on any scrap of paper he could find. Though it had been made easier, because now he had found a muse.

Some artist searched for their muse their entire lives. Some, never lucky enough to ever find that person that truly inspires them; that pushed them to create their best and finest works. But Clint was sure that he had found his; and he had found it in the strangest of places. He had found it in a Stark.

Up until recently, Tony had done his best to keep his sister out of the limelight, to keep her away from all the chaos. But with more and more publicity, and more and more hype surrounding the billionaire and the others; Tony had found that his sister's usually quiet life had been interrupted. That journalists, fans, and oddballs alike, would turn up on her front doorstep at all hours wanting to know what it was like to be the sister of Iron Man. Wanting to know if she too, was part of the Avengers. Tony eventually having to bring her to the compound for her own safety. And from that moment, from that first meeting, Clint knew that he had found his muse.

(Y/n) was nothing like her brother. It was true that she was as smart........if not smarter than her big brother. Not that Stark would admit to that; but other than that...........she was a quite soul, not one for the gaudy displays of wealth that her brother seemed so fond of. Not one for getting lost in the bottle, or inviting every man that she came across, back to the compound. No, she was...........well, sweet. She was what Clint would call, a gentle soul; and this gentleness seemed to have quite the effect on everyone, but especially him.

Whenever she would smile, Clint wished that he could draw, like Steve could. He wished that he could turn that smile, the emotions he felt when she looked at her, into the most beautiful of paintings; sure, that if he could, it would be considered a masterpiece. He wished that he had the same gift with words, as the likes of Shakespeare, Eliot or Keats; then he would be able to write poems or sonnets, that would last long beyond his death, that would speak of her beauty for generations to come. Yet he was not an artist, nor a poet; but to his mind, he could write a decent song. And after some work, he believed that he had come up with something perfect. The space filling with his voice, as he sang out the words.

                                                         >>----------------------------------<<

"(Y/n)........you need a break." Tony said, as he looked over at his younger sibling. (Y/n) yawning as she tinkered with one of his suits.

"That, from you........Tell me, how long have you been awake............?"

"We aren't talking about me. You need some rest. You're no good to me if you're exhausted. Now go and get some sleep.............."

"Yes boss!" (Y/n) replied, giving her brother a salute as she stood to attention.

"Oh. Ha Ha, very funny. You've been spending too much time with Rogers and Barnes. That, or Lang's sense of humour is brushing off on you. Now get, before I get my suit to frog march you to your room..........." Tony sarcastically chuckled, before pointing to the door.

"Fine! But when I get up, if I find out that you haven't slept or just taken a nap on the sofa; you will be in trouble. Two of us can play this game..........Anthony." The younger Stark retorted, as she made her way over to Tony and kissed him on the cheek.

"Ok, I'll get some sleep. Now go..............." Tony chuckled. (Y/n) knocking his hand away as he ruffled her hair. Shaking her head, as she made her way out of the labs.

                                                        >>---------------------------------------<<

(Y/n) made her way down the hall, another yawn leaving her lips. Ok, she would admit that she was a little tired; but there was so much work to do, and not enough time to do it in. The only way of hoping to get it all done, was to not sleep as much as she would normally have done. Not that she minded, she liked helping Tony, enjoyed being with him and all the others. She wanted nothing more than to help her brother as best she could; but for once, he was right, she was no good to him if she was overly tired. The younger Stark stifling another yawn as she made her way to her rooms.

Suddenly, she stopped, as her ears picked up a sound. It was a sound that she hadn't expected to hear at such an hour, but it was there; a voice singing. Its soft, warm tone pulling her towards it; the younger Stark stopping as she got to the music room, carefully and quietly opening the door just a crack so that she could listen better. Her breath catching in her throat, as she saw Clint sat on the sofa, his eyes closed, as his voice drifted up into the air.

She couldn't help but think that he looked handsome; more handsome than usual. He had told her that he sang, that he played instruments, but she had never actually heard him before; and now that she had, she hoped that she would hear more. Whoever he was singing about, obviously meant a lot to him. His words talking of her beauty and how much he cared for her. (Y/n) feeling a tinge of jealousy, as he put his heart and soul into every word that left his lips. (Y/n) wishing that she could be the woman that he was singing about; but also beginning to feel as though she was intruding on something personal. The younger Stark slowly closing the door; only to curse at herself, as it suddenly creaked.

"(Y/n)...........?"

"Oh, hi, Clint. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you; I just heard you singing, and I couldn't keep away. It........it sounds really good. Did you write it? Whoever it's about, it sounds like she means a lot to you.............." (Y/n) said, as she sheepishly made her way a little further into the room. Clint getting to his feet and making his way over to her.

He had planned on giving her the song for her birthday. On singing it for her when they were alone. He had wanted to make it a big thing, when he told her that she was his muse; but he had to think that they were alone now. So, why not............

"Thank you. And yes..........I did write it. I found my muse and I was inspired." Clint told her, as he moved to stand in front of her. His heart lifting, as she gave him one of those gentle smiles of hers.

"Well, I hope that this muse of yours likes it. From what I've heard, I do....................."

"Then your hope has come true. I wrote it for and because of you..........."

"Me............?"

"Yeah, you. You're the only muse that I have ever needed." The archer explained, as he placed the paper with the lyrics into her hands, before putting his hand on her cheek.

"I........I don't...............Clint I.............Will you sing it for me again? I want to hear you sing it again. Just for me." (Y/n) replied, her smile getting broader as Clint reached down and took her hand, leading her to the sofa and sitting her down.

"Anything for my muse........................"