𝟐𝟐. 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑

Start from the beginning

He was no stranger to the Targaryen's ancient manners as Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys were the prime examples, but Visenya's case was different. Harwin had been by her side ever since he became her sworn protector, and everything made sense.

The early morrow when Visenya came crying to his arms, the day she challenged Daemon and won, the looks between them, how without words they knew what the other was thinking. How that day Visenya told Harwin in tears that she loved a man who did not love her back.

Harwin could not understand the 'Rogue Prince' nor intended to. 

"No," Visenya shook her head with a small smile. "It's not that and I already gave up on him. But I'll be alright, Strong."

Harwin grinned, letting out a relieved sigh. "I am glad to hear that," he answered sincerely. "It wouldn't have anything to do with a certain couple?"

Bringing a hand to her head, Visenya pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Maybe... I knew it was a risk getting rid of the bodies that way, but I seriously needn't you involved. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything you do for me, but I told you I did not wish to get you into trouble, Harwin."

"I knew what I was signing up for, Visenya."

Just like that, that day came to mind as if they were spectators.

A ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ᴀɢᴏ...

Visenya's victims kept saying the same story over and over again, and no word that came from their lips was useful.

She kept them hidden for what seemed to be a few moons exerting all the kinds of torture upon them. Used knives to slowly slice the skin off of one or two of their limbs, break bones, and twist them out of place without popping them back in...

Her actions were driven by rage rather than grief but were dangerous nonetheless.

"I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!" The boy cried sterically with tears and snot running down his face. Visenya approached the wall she had pressed the boy against and took off the knife she threw at him as if she were doing target practice.

"Tell me again who supplied you with the ring and the fucking poison!" Visenya pressed the dagger closer to his neck, tilting the blade would make a tiny cut to the carotid and he'd be dead in under five minutes.

"I already told you," he yelled tiredly. Visenya had been at this for long and as she did not grow physically restless, her two captives did.

"He wore a black hood, I never saw his face!"

Visenya withdrew the tight hold on his neck and moved the dagger close to his face, making him open his eyes even more as he breathed shakily. The sharp point of the dagger was two inches away from making contact with his eye.

"You think that's enough?" He slowly nodded his head, frightened. "It's not!" Visenya yelled, plunging the weapon into his eye and killing him instantly.

She plunged the blade several times to the point where droplets of blood started to cover her shaking frame until a voice snapped her out of the spell she was in.

"Visenya?" She widened her eyes and held the dagger high as she turned around.

"Harwin? No... I–" He had been searching for the Princess for a long time and after finding nothing, he went to look in the abandoned places of the Red Keep— hiding spots.

Harwin took in the state Visenya was in, shaking and her face, neck, and chest covered in blood. Visenya dreaded the now very real possibility of having Harwin angry at her or screaming at her the things that she already knew, but what surprised her the most was how he kneeled next to her and embraced her.