She shook her head in denial," I am not at fault."

" Yes, you are. You are the reason behind your family's suffering. Except for bringing misery have you brought anything good for your family?" He questioned making Rubab numb. For a few moments, her family members face flashed in front of her and she recalled how disturbed they were when she was kidnapped.

He shook her slightly," Have you?" 

Watching her silent he pushed away her," You haven't. You are nothing but a bad omen for your family."

Rubab couldn't tolerate his accusing words anymore. Covering her ears with her hands she collapsed on the floor. She started shaking her head vigorously. 

Darwish crouched down to her level," Let's suppose you returned to your home after divorcing me. What do you think everybody will call you?"

" Every single person in your locality will shame you and your family. Your relatives, your friends and every person you knew will start looking down upon your family because you couldn't even make your marriage successful. What do you think how your family will feel then?" he continued playing with words.

He tucked behind a loose strand of her hair," And, if such rumours spread that your family agreed to marry you off to me because of the huge amount of Mehr?"

Rubab raised her teary eyes at him and he completed his sentence," Everyone will call your family greedy and shameless."

" I don't want to see my family in pain," Rubab started to chant. 

Darwish smirked watching her vulnerable state. He held her hands making a sad pitiful expression as if he was genuinely hurt by her situation.

" My dear wife," he kissed her knuckles while she was sniffling. " I am sorry for saying such accusing words," he apologized. 

" You are the one who brought misery to your family. You can be the one who can bring happiness in their life," he said softening his voice.

He said holding one of her cheeks," Accept this marriage wholeheartedly and assure your family members that you are happy with me. Your happiness is their happiness. Past are meant to be forgotten and future are meant to be embraced. And, I am your future."

Rubab didn't reply anything to him. She was sitting like a mute letting the tears flow down her cheeks. Her mind was in complete chaos after hearing his words. 

Darwish smiled internally watching her silence because he knew that his words were working on her.

" If you accept this marriage wholeheartedly and can make me believe in you that you accepted me. You are not pretending to be my wife then I will let your mother return to her husband and sons," Darwish caressed her cheeks. " Only you can put on a full stop to everything. Everything is up to your decision."

Kissing her knuckles again he stood up and forwarded his legs to leave her alone because he knew that she would need some time. While leaving the room he pulled the door to close it. He watched her in deep thought and smirked evilly. She has become his obsession. His Addiction. He wants her by his side at any cost.

While Rubab was going crazy because of Darwish's words, Dawood was on the balcony and watching the dazzling moon having a lot of thoughts inside his mind. He closed his eyes feeling the ticklish sensation on his skin because of the chilly breeze.

" Your Rose is cheating on you. She is nothing but a bitch," a girly voice spoke inside his mind.

Dawood screamed," How dare you!"

The girl looked at Dawood in disbelief holding her throbbing cheek. She never saw him this angry before.

" Another word about my Rose and I will honour you again," Dawood warned the girl.

Opening his eyes, Dawood mumbled," I am sorry."

Dawood sighed after thinking about something deeply. He was guilty of hitting someone who cared for him. He was ashamed of insulting someone who actually tried to warn him about Rubab's intention.

" I am sorry that I couldn't give you the speciality you wanted from me. But, at least you deserve my gratitude for being with me," Dawood's mind spoke.

Taking the phone in his hand he called someone. He took a tough decision for himself.

" Dawood Sir! How are you doing?" the person questioned who was none other than one of Darwish's employees.

Dawood questioned," Rafiq, can you arrange my Visa and passport? I want to return to Pakistan.

" It will take at least 2 weeks. I am kinda stuck with some work that's why this delay," Rafiq answered.

Dawood said," That's ok. I am not in a hurry."

" If I inform Darwish Sir then........." Rafiq was interrupted by Dawood.

Dawood chuckled," No need to inform Darwish. I want to surprise my brother."

Note- Sorry for the late update. I planned to finish this story this month but it seems like it like take some more time. 🥲

The flashback of Dawood and Rubab's past will start in the next update. For faster updates vote, comment and follow as much as possible. 😇