The Store

"Please explain to me what the heck is going on, Shadow," Sonic said. Scout barked at his voice. "Shadow? Was that you barking??"

    "No, idiot. That's just Scout."

    "Scout? Who's Scout?"

    "He's the dog I found when I was traveling."

    "Traveling? Where are you, the Bahamas?" Sonic asked.

     "No. When you stormed off like a baby, I went looking for Y/N, like I said I would."

     "Well where is she now?" Sonic asked.

     "Well if I knew that, wouldn't you think I would have her by now?!"

     "Ok, grumpy pants."

      "Ok. I have to go," Shadow said.

      "Wait!" Sonic said before getting cut off by Shadow hanging up the phone. Sonic put down his phone, looked at B/F/N, who was in confusion, and sighed. "He's gonna die out there," Sonic said.

      "Don't worry, he's Shadow the Hedgehog! He won't get killed!" B/F/N said.

      "Pfftt, more like Shadow the Moron."

        Shadow's POV-

            As I walked into the old store, people all stopped what they were doing, and started at me. Oh no, not again, I thought. The place looked old and dusty, like no one had cleaned it for years. I slowly walked in with Scout, who was growling at the other people. I placed my gloved hand on his head to calm him down.

           "It's ok, buddy," I whispered. We walked in and started to look around. They had weird old foods like green beans in jars, potatoes, radishes, and more. I looked all around for the good stuff like Coke or snacks, but I couldn't find any. I just ended up getting a small bag of dried bananas and fruits with 4 bottles of water. We went up to the counter to pay, and the cashier looked at us, confused. As she slowly scanned our items, I noticed she had really thin scraggly hair, a huge gap in between her teeth, and raggedy old clothes.

          "You aren't from around here, are ya?" She asked in a real country accent. I just shook my head. "Well you better be careful around these parks, dangerous people live up in here." Pfftt, I'm Shadow the Hedgehog! I said nothing out loud and proceeded to pay her and leave with my items. As I was walking out the door, she looked back at me with a mean look on her face.

       "Wow, these people here must be really mean," I said to Scout. We headed to our next destination, not knowing where we were going.