Dead or Alive

Shadow slowly started to scoot back in his hospital bed when the police officers started interrogating him. They asked him what had happened, if he was the cause of all this, and even more harsh questions.

    "I-I," he stuttered. "I gotta go!" He yelled before zooming off out the doors. He bolted out of the hospital with his neck hurting like crazy. He made it halfway down the road before starting to hear sirens behind him. He rushed off again,  determined to lose the cop cars. Then, he heard from a megaphone, a police yelling at him to stop but he didn't listen. He just kept racing down the road. He eventually lost them, and the police gave up. Shadow stopped under a bridge to take a breath when he realized he left all his stuff at the gas station.

    "Damn it!" He quietly said to himself.

     Days past, and he had no sign of Y/N. As he was zooming around the highway, he saw a light pole with a sign on it.
"WANTED- DEAD OR ALIVE," it read. It had a blurry picture of Shadow on it. He scoffed to himself, ripped the sight off the pole, and continued to look for Y/N. It was sunset, and Shadow was very tired. There was a lake underneath the bridge he was on where the highway was, so he sat on the side of the highway rail and watched the sunset. One tear left his eye, then another, then dozens of tears streamed down his face. He missed Y/N, he missed home, he missed Maria.

     Shadow's POV:

       After I watched the sunset, I knew I couldn't stop there. I remembered that I was headed to Mount Rushmore, to Eggman's other secret base. I pulled up a map on my phone and tried my best to find where I was. Turns out I was on the road to get out of Indiana. So I continued on my journey. As I was bolting on the side of the road, I looked up to see the beautiful stars.
Those look just like the ones we saw on that amazing night, I thought. And more tears streamed down my face as I thought of Y/N. I don't know what I would do if I didn't find her. I couldn't bear the thought. I know your out there, Y/N! I'll find you my love!