The Question

"Alright, let's go!" Sonic said as he was heading out the door.

"Hey, not so fast," Amy said. "Not all of us can run Mach 5, by the way."

  "Oh, hehe, right," Sonic chuckled as he walked back inside. "Well then, I guess we'll take my ca-,"

   "I'm driving," Shadow said before Sonic could finish his sentence.

   "Hey! It's my car!" He said.

   "Yeah, but if you drive, you'll be going faster than the car can actually go, and we'll all die because of you." Sonic sat there in silence for a couple seconds.

   "......Good point," He said. They all went outside and hopped into the car.

   "Can I ride shotgun?" Asked Y/N.

   "Of course," replied Shadow as Sonic was heading for the front seat.

    "Wha-?" Sonic said. Shadow smirked at Sonic like he did something mischievous. Sonic ended up riding in the very back, with his arms crossed and a grumpy look on his face. Before Shadow started driving, he adjusted the rear view mirror to see Sonic.

   "Aww, is poor Sonic angry that he didn't get to ride in the big boy seat up front?" Shadow said. Sonic gave him a mean look and mumbled under his breath.

   "No, but I'm sure your glad your girlfriend is up there with you," he mumbled. Shadow adjusted the mirror again.

    "What was that?" He said as he gave Sonic the death glare. Everyone was holding in a laugh the whole time.

  Shadow's POV:

    I am literally sweating right now because I'm so nervous. I've been planning to do this for while. When we are at Cracker Barrel, I'm gonna ask Y/N a very important question. I just hope she says yes! When we arrived at Cracker Barrel, we reserved our spots and everyone scattered out to look at all the stuff in the store. Me and Y/N were over looking at the decor, Knuckles, Sonic, B/F/N, and Tails were looking at the candy, Silver and F/N were looking at the jewelry, and Amy and Blaze were playing Checkers.

    "Ooh, look at this, Shadow!" Y/N said as she held out a little hedgehog planter in front of my face. "It's so cute!" She exclaimed.

   "Yeah," I said, chuckling. "Do you want to keep it?" I asked. Her eyes lit up.

   "Really?" She said excitedly. I nodded and checked the price tag.

    "Yep, I'll buy it for you." She squealed and gave me a tight hug. "Haha, I'de take that as a thank you," I said. She smiled and nodded at me. "Here," I said. "We need to get some seeds to plant in it. Let's go find some," I said. She was smiling the whole way to the plant section, holding her little hedgehog planter. "What are you gonna name it?" I asked her.

    "Hmmm, I'm gonna name it..," she said while examining the pot. "Shadow!"

    "That's a really good name," I laughed. We both sat there and chuckled at each other for a few minutes before looking around some more. Ok. This was my chance. No one was around, just me and her, back in the decor section. "Hey, um.. Y/N?" I asked nervously.

    "Yes?" She said with a sparkle in her eye."

    "Uh, phew, is it hot in here to you?" I asked, getting off track.

    "No, not really."

     "Well uh, anyways, um.. I know this might be a little crazy but uh... gosh.. will you uh.." She started smiling at me and laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked.

     "Oh, nothing," she replied.

    "Will you be my...." Before I could finish my sentence, she looked into my eyes and stopped me.

    "Here, I'll help you. Shadow the Hedgehog, will you go out with me?" She asked confidently. I joked around and squealed and said yes, before getting serious.

    "Yes, yes I will, Y/N," I said smiling. Then she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I started blushing super hard. She smiled and gave me a hug, and said she could just scream because she was so happy. I closed my eyes and hugged her back.

     "Ok," she said. "Time for the hard part." I looked confused. "Time to tell the others." I smiled and nodded my head, then we held hands and went to go find the others.