Chapter 27

As I was sitting on my mates lap, watching my son, hearing everything around me. Everything on me felt uneasy and I didn't like it. Those who were around me, knew how I felt but just let me do what I was doing.
  Even Gavin tried to distract me but it was no help. My son, was my top priority other than my pack. I don't want anyone using him for his gifts and I have a feeling that's what this war was all about.
  Getting ahold of me, forcing their way in me to have their own heir with powers but what they don't know is, I cant have anymore children. Devin was my miracle child.
  The day, I told everyone what the moon goddess told me, they were hurt and felt bad for me but they understood where was happening but glad that they could meet Devin. I was glad to have met him. Even in my dreams, when I thought I was losing him when I was 2 months long.
  As I was so focused, I heard I loud sound and I jumped up growling. Everyone was looking at me then everywhere around the area. As I was walking over to my son, I looked around with my phoenix powers to see if I can see anything. When I didn't I had stood my ground and went back to where my family was.
  But as I was half way there, I heard another loud sound then explosion of an house that was about 50 yards from where we were. Then out of no where, I heard growls and howls. Then I got a mind linked from the guards that there were rogues.
  When I heard that, I turned around and ran for my son but only met with a huge brownish red wolf about 5 feet from him.

  "Devin!" I screamed.

  He looked up at me then turned around. I was scared I was gonna be to late. I hurried up and shifted into my wolf, forgetting about my dress and ran over to Devin just in time for that wolf to get him.
  When I got to him, in time, I took down that wolf killing him in a snap. When I saw my son, was hiding under a table, shaking, my wolf was whining inside my head. I ran over to him and got under the table and huddled into him. I licked him a few times to tell him he's okay.

  "Devin baby, run into the house into room now. Lock it and done open it for anyone but me and daddy." I mind linked him.

  He looked at me and nodded his head. As he got up, he hugged me then ran towards the house.
  I ran behind him, to make sure no one tried to get him. When we got to the back door, I felt someone grabbed me from my hand leg. I yelped making Devin stop in his place and look at me.

  "Mommy!" He screamed.

  I howled at him to go. "Devin, go!" I mind linked him.

  Just as I rolled out and kicked who had me in their snout. When I looked again, I saw Devin go into the house. I heard him go up to his room, shut his door and locked it. Then I heard another set of doors open and close. Guessing he got into his closet.
  As I went to step back up, another wolf had jumped me and bit down on my shoulder, letting out another yelp. Then I saw Gavin running out way to help me but a wolf had rammed into him. Sending him flying a few feet away from me.
  I took all I had and forced myself up with the two wolves on me and done another roll out, killing one at the same time and smacking the other beside their head. When I was somewhat good, I ran over to the one wolf that hit my mate. I jumped onto him and bit into his neck then slugged him hitting the house.
  When I saw the wolf was down, I looked around seeing everyone fighting. My parents, Gavin's adopted parents, the guards, warriors, Sean little self kicking some ass.
  When Sean turned 15, like was promised, got his training. And from what I saw he was doing good.
  As I was looking around, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked around me and saw no one around me then thought of Gavin. When I turned around to look for him, I saw her was being thrown like a rag doll. I ran over to the wolf that was fighting him and took him down. But at the same time I felt another strong pain. Like I was being killed. My heart felt heavy. When I dropped my wolf, I saw another wolf ripping out Gavin's throat. I howled into the sky with sadness.
  I just lost my mate, my husband, the love of my life, the father to my child. My child. Oh god my child, when I thought that about that, I had tackled that wolf that just killed our alpha, my mate, I stepped on him and reached my head down to his throat and killed him.
  As I was done, I ran towards the house, only to be stopped by 5 wolves. I looked at them all then looked all around me. I saw I had lost a few of us. My parents and Gavin's were still kicking, I saw the beta and delta were still fighting as well then saw my best friend, died a few feet away from me. Oh Paige, sweet Paige. Then thought about my cousin Scarlet, she was pregnant. I looked for Michael and saw her was fighting but losing his fight.
  We was losing this war, I felt it in my soul. I didn't know what to do anymore. Then I heard my son scream from inside the house. I snapped my head towards the house and ran hard and fast through the wolves that were there, killing two of them as I ran into the house. When I got to my sons room, I saw a man standing in there with my son in his arms.
  I froze for a second when I saw her had my son in his arms. I do wanted to kill him but I didn't want to hurt Devin. All I heard from Devin was his breathing and it was weak. I growled at the man then he jumped out of the window. I ran out the window landing a few feet in front of him, making him stop dead in his place. Then I saw 3 wolves coming my way.

  "You can't be at two places at once." The man said just as he took off into the woods.

  I went to go after him but was tackled to the ground then I felt something pierced into skin. When I looked, I saw a wolf had bit my side but I still kept fighting. I didn't care if I was losing so much blood. I just wanted my son.
  I used all that I had to fight off the wolves but I was losing. When one had tackled me to the ground again after me taking one out, I saw him jump me and then it was lights out.
  All I saw was darkness, I knew I was gone. Gavin was gone, Paige, Michael, who knows who else was gone. But all I know, is that I didn't save my son. I had let someone get passed me and kidnapped my son and getting myself killed in the process.
  I did say I would kill someone over him and getting myself killed as well but that had happened.