Chapter 26

It's been 3 years since I've had my baby and I am lost with words on how fast my baby has grown. I swear I just had him 3 weeks ago or something but nope. I have a toddler on my hands.
  I was in the garden, weeding and watering my plants when I heard footprints running behind me then something jump on my back almost knocking me down to the ground. But thanks to my gorilla strength, I held myself up.

  "Devin what's the meaning of this?" I had asked him, when I looked to my right.
  "Mommy, I'm hunry." He has told me. "And daddy is busy with the war men."
  "The war men, do you mean warriors and guards?" I asked.
  "Yes, mommy."

  I sighed then stood up with him on my back. I grabbed on of his arms and spun him around on me, where he was on my side. I kissed his cheek before walking back into the house.
  When we got in there, I sat him in his booster seat and went to find him something to eat.

  "Daddy and I gonna have a talk later. He were supposed to spend time with you today." I had said.
  "Daddy, forgot about me."
  "Honey, its okay. He's the alpha, there's times that he will forget because he has things to do with work. But trust me, mommy will get onto him about it." I said as I made him some chicken nuggets.

  When I put them in the microwave for a few minutes, I walked over to the kitchen door and saw her was training some of the warriors. Its been like that for the past 3 years, ever since I've had Devin. I feel like he don't care half the time.
  As the microwave beeped, I went and got Devin's food and sat the plate on the table and grabbed his cup of juice.

  "Mommy will be right back."
  "You going to go yell at daddy?"
  "Maybe." I said as I walked out the kitchen.

  I felt bad for my son, he wasn't dumb he was smart and he knew what was going on by the time he was one. As I walked over to the field, I saw her was in middle of fighting someone. I saw Stefan and Damon on the bleachers, when I went to the edge of the pit.
  Stefan had hit Damon on the arm and pointed at me all I heard from them was 'Uh-oh' and that was right.

  "This training session is over today. Everyone back to your chores and post whatever y'all were doing before training." I said in my Luna tone.

  Everyone has stopped fighting and looked at me but the guy that was fighting Gavin had took a easy shot when Gavin looked at me. I kinda smirked at that, gives him rights.

  "Out not!" I yelled out.

  Everyone has got up and ran out of the pit other than Gavin, Stefan, and Damon. They walked over to me but the Beta and Delta wasn't stupid, they stayed a few feet back from their Alpha and Luna.

  "Why did you do that, Zara. Its Saturday, you know we have training today." He has said.
  "Yea, I know its Saturday. I'm surprised you remembered what today was." I told him.

  The boys went to back away but I caught them.

  "Stop!" I told them and I felt my eyes change.

  They stopped and showed me their necks that they obeyed. I looked back at Gavin then the boys.

  "Do you two know what today is?" I asked them.
  "Other than it being Saturday?" Damon bad said.
  "No, we don't Luna." Stefan said.
  "Hmm, I'm gonna give you three a clue." I told them. "What little boy did you promise you hang out with for their special day?" I had asked as I crossed my arm over my chest.

  The boys looked at each other before looking back at me then Gavin slapped himself in the forehead.

  "Shit, it's Devin's 3rd birthday." Gavin said. "We were supposed to go to the Nerf thing today before his party." He said as he turned around to look at his men.
  "Yea, you have an hour to get their before y'alls spot is taken so I can call both our parents to help set up this party now go, chop chop." I told them in my Luna tone.

  The boys ran away from me leaving Gavin in front of me with his head now. He walked over to me and wrapped his arm around me like a sad puppy dog. I chuckled a little bit then kissed him on his lips.

  "Go, before you piss me off anymore than I am." I told him.
  "Yes, my luna."
  "Good bye my alpha." I said.

  Then he took off into the house.
  I shook my head at him. He drives me insane sometimes but I love him, dearly. Its just that he forgets he plans things with our son. Expressly today of all days.
  As I walked back towards the house, my phone starts to ringing, when I pulled it out, it was my mother. I rolled my eyes but answered.

  "Yes, mother?" I answered.
  "Hey that's no way to answer your phone." She said chuckling a little.
  "Sorry, I'm just a little irritated right now. Someone forgot they had plans with someone."
  "Oh god, please tell me that they went. I don't want Devin to see what we got him or done to the party." My mother tells me.
  "Yes, their leaving in a little bit. I'll text you when their gone. Is Daddy coming this time or no?" I asked.

  My father has missed both my son's birthdays for some alpha missions and it pissed me off where I didn't want to talk to him for a while. A few weeks to a month did it and when I didn't talk to him that long, he came over and brought Devin something nice.

  "He says he is, let's just cross our fingers." My mom told me.
  "Tell her I'm coming!" My father yells in the background. "I have to talk to her anyways."
  "You hear him?"
  "Yes, I heard him. Just tell him he better or I'm disowning him." I told her. "I'll y'all later. Ima go wash up." I told her then hung up.

  Once I got off the phone, I headed up to my room at the same time, the boys were leaving. I kissed both my boys goodbye, I texted my mother then went and took a bath.
  Once my bath was done, I went into my clothes to find me a cute dress to wear, so if I had to shift it was easy to take off. Once dressed, hair done, make-up done, I went downstairs seeing my parents coming in with loads of stuff. My father glared at him, guessing my mother told him what I said. I just stuck my tongue out at him, getting a giggle from my cousin, Scarlet and Michael.
  When I saw them and saw how big she was, I was excited to see that they were having their own little one. Even after 4-5 years of being together, they still haven't found their mates and they are happy just the way they are.

  "So, you pulled the disowning card on your father now." Scarlet said. "Only if you heard the little argument they had, it gave me a headache."
  "Sorry cuz, I had to put my foot down. Devin asked if he was coming this time. You know how hard I had to tell my 1 or 2 year son that pop pop is busy and sends his love. My heart was broken for my son." I had said.
  "Look, I am sorry and I've told you, I had business."
  "Yea, I know. My son, looks up to you. Last year he went to Jackson crying that you didn't show up. It took 4 people to calm him down; Jackson, his father, mom and myself. Your just lucky, no we're just lucky that his powers haven't came in yet. And I don't want to see that happen and shit goes down." I told my father. "I'll be damned if my son, cries over someone because they didn't come or do what they say they were going to do.I had to get on to Gavin today, because he almost forgot what he promised our son. Now please don't ever make my son cry again." I said then walked off.

  I didn't care if he was my father or not. Devin is my son and I care about his life and how its being handle.
  About half an hour to an hour, everything was all set up in the back yard. It was about the time Gavin and Devin came home to get a huge surprise. And I couldn't wait.
  As I walked into the house, I got mind linked from Gavin telling me that they were pulling up to the house and someone was asleep. I rolled my eyes as I head towards the front door to meet them.
  When they pulled up, I walked to the car and opened the back door of the car. I shook Devin a little to take him up, which he did.

  "Hey baby, how was your day today?" I asked him.
  Devin yawned for a second then spoke. "Mommy, it was fun. I saw a lot of cool things and daddy bought me some cool stuff. Today has been the best birthday so far."
  "It has, hasn't it? Well guess what, I have a huge surprise in the back yard and guess who is here?" I told him.
  "Pop pop?" He asked me.
  "Yes, my love." I told him as I got him out of the car.

  We headed towards the house and walked around to the back yard. When he saw all the colorful lights and decorations, his face lite up. Then when he saw his pop pop, he jumped out of my arms and ran over to my father. It was very cute to see how happy my son was when he got to see one of his grandfathers. I smiled at that as I grabbed ahold of Gavin's hand and walked over to the party.
  As my mother brought out the cake, we all sang happy birthday to him then had him to over to the table where his gifts were at. He went to town opening them all up and getting all excited what they were.
  Today has been the best damn day for my son and nothing could fuck that up.
  As I leaned into my mates chest as I watched my son have his way, my father had came over to us and sat across from us. His face had a look on it where it made my wolf antiesy. She seemed on edge and I wasn't happy about it.

  "Dad, whatever it is spit it out." I told him.
  "The great alpha thinks its time." He told me.

  I knew exactly what he meant but I didn't want to. As I sat up from my mate, I started searching for my son. When I couldn't find him. I stood up and ran where I last son him.
  When I ran over to the table of gifts, I saw him on the ground playing with some of his toys with some of the other pups. When I picked him up, he had hollered a little bit until he saw how my face was.

  "Mommy, what's wrong?" He asked me.
  "Nothing dear, I didn't see you at first and got worried. You know how mommy worries about you." I told him as I hugged him tight.
  "I'm sorry mommy." He said as Gavin came running over to us.

  When he ran over to us, everyone was on edge and started looking around like something bad was happening but it wasn't. Gavin must have sent everything a mind linked to tell them it was okay, because they went back to what they were doing.
  I looked at Gavin, with a worried look and he just nodded his head. Before stepping away, he kissed mine and Devin's head then headed towards the house.

  "Where's daddy going mommy?"
  "Bathroom sweetie." I lied. "Just stay close to the house okay. I want you to stay in my sights where I can see you."
  "Yes, mommy. Can I go play now?" He asked.
  "Yes, sweetie." I told him as I sat him down.

  As I walked over to where my parents where, Jackson and Kaitlyn came over and sat with us. Kaitlyn had a look on her face like something was up.

  "Where's my son?" She asked.
  "Talking to the guards." I told her.
  "Why?" Both her and Jackson asked.
  "Just a precaution, just in case. My father says that the alpha said its about time."
  "What do you mean?" Jackson asked.
  "The other day, at his meeting, he said that his witch said that there was something in the air that its off. The witch thinks the war, that the moon goddess has warned us about is near." My father had said.

  As they spoke, I just watched my son play. I zoned everything out and my wolf was on guard. She didn't like what my father was saying. She growled each time he had said war. I didn't even noticed Gavin was back until he touched me.
  When he sat behind me, he pulled me onto his lap and held onto me for dear life. As he was holding me, he would send kisses on my neck just to calm me down but it didn't help. I was too focused on my son.
  I would kill over him, even if I have to end my life just to keep him safe. If someone would dare to take him, even for his gift. I would be livid, I would kill everyone that got into my way over him.

  So what does everyone think so far of this book? Well I think I have a chapter or two left in this book. Its crazy how its coming to a end as the war is just showing up.
  What do y'all think is gonna happen? Who's gonna live or die? What will happen?
  Well stay tune and find out..... Xoxoxo