Chapter 12

(Zara's POV)

  After a few hours I had came to. Gavin was sitting in a chair asleep holding my hand. And my parents were looking out the huge window. When I went to sit up, I moaned from the pain. Making my parents turn around and making Gavin wake up.

  "Hey your awake." Gavin said.
  "Where am I?" I asked.
  "The pack hospital. You were in a car wreck. Don't you remember?" My mother had asked me.

  It took a few minutes to remember.
  I was leaving school from doing paperwork when another car I had hit me. When I saw a woman, I started fighting the bitch and even asked her who sent her. But no one did, she sent herself. And said I had stolen Gavin from her. Then she had stabbed me but I had snapped her neck, killing her.

  "Zara?" My father called.

  I looked at him for a moment then looked at Gavin. I took a deep breath but felt sharp pain when I did.

  "Who was she?" I had asked Gavin.

  My parents confused but said nothing just looked at Gavin as well.
  He took a deep breath before speaking.

  "Carly was a girl that I was somewhat seeing before I had found you." He had said.
  "Naw I know why she had said I stole you from her." I had said.
  "What?" My mother said. "Stole? You can't steal what isn't theirs."
  "Liv, don't." My father had said as he put a hand on her shoulder. "We'll leave you two to talk. We'll be outside."

  We nodded and they walked out. I tried to sit up but it hurt to move a little. Gavin helped me.

  "How long was I out?"
  "A few hours." He said. "Look about Carly, I broke it off when I found you. I swear nothing happened afterwards."
  "I know. And only reason I know is because you were always up my ass. Always at my house or at school close to me. And while you were at home, you either be texting me or asleep." I had said.

  Or I hope so. I hope he wasn't with her. But by the way she was acting, he wasn't. Which was a good sign.

  "Thank you," I said.
  "For what?" He had asked.
  "For finding me."
  "Oh, your welcome. Wish we were mated where I could have felt your pain. I could have been there sooner."
  "Don't," I said when I touched his hand. "Just in short few days, we'll be mated. I promise you, after graduation, I'll let you have your way with me."
  "Don't make it sound so dirty, Zara. Your parents are outside probably listening." He has said smirking a little.
  "They'll be okay." I said smirking as well.

  He rolled his eyes at me. He was cute in his weird boyish way. But I loved him.

  "I love you." I told him.
  "As do I, my mate." He said as he leaned over and kissed me.

  As the next few days after being released from the hospital, I have been taking it easy. I was healed but I still hurt. The pack doctor had said because the dagger was made of silver, it would take me longer to fully heal from the inside. And I would have a scar on my belly. Which I wasn't happy about but I had to live with it.
  As the last day of school, I had given everyone a half day for those who was graduating in the next two days. Which was by a lot. There were about 100 students graduating this year. A little more or less than it was when Peter had graduated.
  And speaking of him, he was pissed off about what had happened to me. He wanted to hurt Gavin, but not only me stepping in hurt, so did Zendaya and our parents. Zendaya was on Gavin's side on this. And it was kinda funny and sweet.

  "Peter, its not Gavin's fault. No one knew Carly would have done that. We are allowed to see others before we meet our mate. I was seeing someone before I found you. But that was months before us. And look happy I am with you now." Zendaya said.
  "Why do you do this to me." Peter whined a little making us laugh little at them.

  They were cute and I love that my brother found someone. But I felt like I wasn't completely mated because I wouldn't let Gavin mark me or even mate with me. But I have kept up my end on what I wanted. I'm graduating nothing marked or somewhat mates. Yes it hurts to see others flirt with him or even over me but we knew what was gonna happen.
  The day of graduation, I was waken up by my cousin, Scarlett, jumping on the bed. She was excited for us to be graduating together. We were two peas in a pod when it came to us but it will all end soon when I'll be moving in with Gavin.

  "WAKE UP ZARA!!!! IT GRADUATION DAY!!!" She yelled.

  I groaned at her as I threw a pillow at her. She just laughed it off then jumped once more before sitting in the middle of the bed.

  "Zara, come on. Your last day of being part of high school and being a virgin." She had whispered the "virgin" part.
  "Seriously, your unbelievable. You know that." I told her.
  "But you love me." She told me.

  She was right, I did love her. Kinda didn't have a choice to love her.

  "Come on, our mothers are making us breakfast, while we get ready. Get your ass up and take a shower and look H.O.T. HOT!!! Because I'm making myself look hot as well. So chop chop." She said clapping her hands.

  I rolled my eyes then sat up. I shook my head at her before getting up to go to my bathroom. All she did was just laugh at me before walking out my room. Once more I rolled my eyes. I took a deep breathe before looking in the mirror. I grabbed my face cream to wash my face, brushed my teeth, then turned on the hot water for the shower.
  As I got in I let the water run over my body. Letting it loosen up all the knots that were in my back. As I stood there for a few minutes, I started to wash my hair then wash my body. As I was rubbing the soap on my body, I had looked at my stomach where I was stabbed. I had frowned upon it, because my perfect body is now scared up. Yes, its a small scare that goes across my stomach but still. I felt a little less confident on my body but Scarlett has said it looks sexy. I shook my head remembering her words a few days after seeing it.
  Once I was done, taking my shower after I shaved, I got out and wrapped a towel around me. When I got out, I went to my closet and grabbed my sexy hot clothes. I rolled my eyes on what my sweet dear cousin wanted us to wear.
  I grabbed my red silk dress that wrapped around my body and was backless and had a little opening in the front where my belly was. Yes I was gonna show off my scar. I had to face it. As I put it on, I grabbed my black 3 inch heels and strapped them on. As I was working on my make-up, Scarlett came in looked fine as hell. She had a black mini skirt with red shoulder strap blouse on and knee high boots. Her hair was done up in curls with light red eyeshadow and red lipstick on. Me I was putting on dark red lipstick and black and red eyeshadow. I took my hair out of my towel and grabbed my gel to put some of it in my hair before I had started to do my finger waves. Yes, my hair was a little too long for finger waves but I was only doing the top half and left the rest before pinned up to the side.
  Once we was done, we went downstairs to the kitchen to get our food. When we came into view, our mothers started to cry for us. Which started to make me blush.

  "Look at our baby girls." My mother said.
  "Mom, stop it." I whined a little.
  "What, we can't help it, Zara." My aunt Emily said. "We wasn't so lucky as you two. We didn't finish school, even though we tried."

  We sat down at the table to eat our food. While our mothers talked and admire us. Until our fathers came down, which got a little out of controlling, kinda. When I mean by that, my father was strict on what I was wearing to school sometimes but I was shocked for today.

  "Look at my baby girl." He said as he kissed my forehead. "I'm so happy for your girls." He told us.
  "Even though y'all are looking like that," my uncle Damon had said. "I'll let it be. Your not my little girls anymore after today."
  "Awe uncle Damon, is that a tear I see." I said laughing a little.
  "No," he said whipping away the tear on his face making us all laugh. "I just got something in my eye, that's all."
  "Yeah okay." I said then looked at Scar.
  "So they boys are meeting us at school. Michael said he and Gavin has a surprise for us." Scarlett said.
  "Hmm, I wonder what it is." My mother said.
  "Whatever it is, it better not mess today up." I said as I stood up from my seat. "Bad enough, I have a strong feeling rogues are gonna interfere." I said then something came to thought. "Godfrey, come to the kitchen please." I said in pack link.

  A few minutes later, Godfrey came in the kitchen bowing down to us then looked at me.

  "Yes, M'lady."
  "I want you to have your strongest guards around the school. I have a feeling something is gonna happen. I want y'all to go now before we leave." I ordered him.
  "Yes, M'lady." He said then walked out.

  I took a deep breathe before thinking else could happen but that was just it for me. I was the Luna and I had to always be ready for anything.
  I was so out of it, where I was really thinking, I hadn't noticed I was being called. I was staring out of space. Until someone had snapped there fingers in front of my face.
  I blinked a few times before looking at the one that was snapping. It was Scarlett.

  "Hmm." I hummed.
  "You okay?" She asked.
  "Yea, just thinking. You know me, Luna in charge right now. Speaking of being in charged? Where's that brother of mine?" I had asked. "He said he was gonna drive us to school."
  "I don't know where your brother is, him and Zendaya took off this morning for a run." My mother told me.

  I shook my head and headed towards the garage to take my new car that Gavin bought me. He told me it was my graduation gift. Which was sweet of him but he didn't have to. But I did need a car though since mine got smashed.
  As I grabbed my keys, Scarlett ran out behind me and got into the car. As I started her up, I looked back towards the open door and yelled out to my parents.

  "Tell Mr. Alpha thanks a lot and that I'll be at school graduating without him." I yelled then opened the garage door and drove out.

  As I drove down the driveway, I had saw him and Zendaya running towards the house in their wolf form. I looked at them, more like glared at them, to let them know I was mad at him. But once I got onto the main road, I had calmed down some. Scarlett was on her phone texting someone. It was probably Michael. Those two were like peas in a pod now. Even though they ain't mates. But still its love sick puppies going on there.
  When we got to school, Scarlett had gotten out and went to the pack of the car to get our gowns and caps. Once I got out, I looked in the side mirror to make sure I was still perfect. When I was done, I grabbed my cap and gown from Scarlett, we head towards the school.
  Godfrey was standing in front while I saw some of the others walking around the area. Then I had noticed Kolkata one of Gavin's pack members. He was standing next to Godfrey and another man.

  "Luna," Godfrey said bowing. "Where's alpha?" He asked.
  "At home, he wanting to run instead seeing his baby sister and cousin graduation. Kol nice seeing you again. May I ask why you are here?"
  "Yes, Luna. Gavin wanted me to help with patrol, to learn more since I am a warrior." Kolkata said.
  I nodded and looked at the 3rd man. "And who are you?" I had asked.
  "This is Damon, Gavin's beta." Kolkata said.
  "Hello M'lady." He had said as he held his hand out for me.
  "I'm Luna Zara, Gavin's mate." I said as I shook his hand.
  "Wait, your the Luna Zara." He said. "Shit." He said as he bowed his head. "I'm sorry M'lady, Luna."
  "It's fine. Is my mate inside?" I had asked.
  "Yes, Luna." Damon said.

  I nodded and started walking towards the door. Scarlett was still talking to them. I heard her to Damon something which made me laugh a little.

  "Damon, you remind me of my father. He's Zara's father's beta. His name is Damon as well. Just the way you act is just like him." She said.
  "Excuse me, how is that."
  "She means forgetful!" I hollered then chuckled.

  She laughed as well then jogged over to me to catch up. As she got to me, I looked at her and shook my head at her. She just giggled. As we head towards the cafe, I had saw my sexy mate. He was standing next to Ms. Gibson, talking to her. When I was heading towards them, he looked up and when he saw me he smiled. He had the look of love on his eyes. Which made me smile back, almost blushing.

  "Luna, you look so beautiful." Ms. Carson told me.
  "Why thank you." I told her as I stood in front of Gavin to give him a kiss.
  "So, where's Michael at?" Scar asked Gavin.
  "He's around here somewhere, Scar." Gavin told her.

  She nodded and went to look around where he would be at. I looked at those were here and saw good they looked.

  "Luna Zara, everything and everyone is in check. We can start this on a few moments." Ms. Carson told me.

  I nodded at her then looked at Gavin before getting everyone attention.

  "Listen up grads, this is our time. Today is our day that we will be called students." I had said.

  Everyone cheered and hollered.

  "So as you walk on that stage, please don't make a fool of yourselves. Make us look good, so those that isn't graduating can see we did it and say we looked damn doing it."
  "Hell yea!" They yelled.
  "Everyone get in your positions. Its showtime." I had said as, I started to walk in front of the line. "Ms. Carson, join me please." I said as I started to head towards the gym.

  As we head towards the gym with the others behind us. I stopped them at the door and looked at Gavin. Then I saw Michael and Scarlett running over to get into place, I smiled at them.
  As Ms. Carson and I headed inside the gym to the front, to get on the stage. I saw everyone from my pack, to my grandfather's pack, to Gavin's pack in there. I smiled when I saw my family. I was glad to finally see that my brother showed up.

  "Hello family and friends." Ms. Carson started to say when she got to her mic. "Thank you all for coming to see off this years grads. All I can say is that I am happy for those that had made it even though there was some hard times. But thanks to, Luna Zara for stepping up and the help of alpha Gavin's. True mates there, I saw. They both put their foots down and make sure things go what they should be." She said as she looked at me. "So to see off this grads is our Luna. Luna Zara you have the stage."

  I smiled at her and walked to the mic. Before I could say anything, someone had to say something and it was no other than my brother.

  "You got this Zara!" He hollered.

  Everyone started chuckling. I just shook my head at him.

  "Well thank you brother." I said as I looked at everyone. I took a deep breath then spoke. "As Ms. Carson had said, its been rocky. Since I started here 4 years ago, I was just Zara following behind her big brother, alpha Peter. He was the one to keep this running until I had took over the next year before he had left us. But brother I think I done a better job." I said laughing.
  "Sure you did, sister. Everyone's scared of your ass." He had said making everyone laugh.
  "Thanks." I said them got serious. "There was times that I had to kick some ass but those that respected me and where I came from they didn't step on toes. So please welcome this years graduates." I said as I turned to look at the gym doors.

  The kids came in walking down the walkway to there seats. Once they were seated, Gavin came up the stage and stood next to me. He smiled at me and I done the same before looking back at the others.

  "Since I was one of the tops students, I was asked to make a speech and well here I go." I said as I took out folded paper out of my pocket of my gown. I took a deep breath and began. "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like, Astronaut, President or in my case, a Princess like my mother. When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist, so I can kick some ass when I need too. But now that we've grown up, they wanted a serious answer. Well, how about this - who the hell knows? Right? This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train or bus and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love – a lot. Major in Philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again because nothing's permanent. Because by the time, we had figure it all out, we either messed up or got it right. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they asked what we wanna be, we won't have to guess – we'll know. This isn't the 1800's where you had to do what you had to do and do it at the point. This is the 2000 and we long live to do it on our on term. This our future to make it right. Show the world, 'Hey, I did that when I was younger', now its time to let it pass and forget about it." When I was done, everyone had cheered for me. Then I turned to Ms. Carson. "You may began."

  After I said that, she began calling out the students named to come get their diploma. Once everyone got theirs, she called me and Gavin last. We both walked over to her and got our diploma and both bowed to her as she done the same to us. Then we both turned to the others and bowed to them. They stood up and done the same back to us.

  "Guess what graduates, we did it." I yelled them tossed my cap.

  The others copied me as well. Everyone cheered and clapped for all of us. It was the end of school for us. We were able to do what we wanted. No one telling us what to do now.