Chapter 22

Zara's POV

  As I was laying in the bed after a long few nights of being restless and in pain, Gavin and the doctor had me on bed rest for awhile. But they didn't say how long a while was either. My father and brother left to go back to their pack leaving my mother to stay behind and help watch over me while Gavin went back to his alpha duties.
  And when I mean duties, he had made training a lot harder and longer on some. The newer wolves were trying to get where they need to be, since we've lost some wolves for either being to old or have passed away. The fight that we did have, yes we lost some, some of had gotten badly hurt because their getting old and Gavin is worried about that. I over heard him talking about it with Damon, Stefan, and their fathers. I wasn't allowed out of the room but I was hungry and no one was answering my calls. But I got in trouble though, my mother caught me walking up the stairs with food in my arms and well, the way she yelled at me made me feel like I was a kid again and Gavin came running out of his office to see where I was on the 5th step of the 2nd strip of stairs.
  Man, I felt bad for making them worry but I had to learn, that if the doctor says stay in room/bed do what she says.
  Gavin came into the room one night as I was changing my clothes into something more cooler and comfortable for me and he was worried that something happened.

  "Love, what's wrong? Are you okay? Our son okay?" He asked as he came over to me in a hurry giving me a head rush when he pulled me into him.
  "Gavin, I'm fine. Just changing clothes. I'm hot and very uncomfortable right now so please stop babying me before you tick me off. Bad enough my own mother is going off on me like I'm a little kid again." I told him.
  "I'm sorry just the doctor,"
  "I know, I know. I can do lite things and I am. I'm in my room, resting watching tv and listening to y'all outside. Which you need to calm that down. Your pushing them to much."
  "I'm trying to get them into shape." He told me.
  "Love, their just kids. Yes they need to know how to fight but they are to young. We all agreed on 18 and up. 45 is pushing the limit already but they still can do it." I told him.
  "Fine, I'll slow it down some. But Sean is kicking ass out there you should see him."
  "Oh I wish I could but I can't. I'm locked in my own room." I growled at him.
  "Okay, look tomorrow I'll help you out to the field to get some sun and you can watch everyone."
  "Deal." I said as I got into bed. I was already tired and this kid wasn't that far from coming.

  A few days of being on bed rest, the doctor found out that I'm only a few months long but the way my DNA is with these powers I'm or he is growing 3x more than a normal baby or a wolf pup. So what I should be feeling I'm not. What a she-wolf that is pregnant is pregnant for about like a normal human maybe a month or two off but me I could go half. Which I am glad but at the same time I'm not.
  I don't like being pregnant, I feel off about myself and everyone wants to baby me. I mean it's great to a point but after awhile its old.
  Like Gavin promised, he walked me down to the field. Everyone came running over when they saw me. Paige gave me a huge user, getting a growl from Gavin but she ignored him. Damon and Stefan helped clear a spot on the bleachers for me to sit. The rest of wolves were just glad to see me since they've heard I was pregnant.
  The kids that I saved, came running over from the pack house just in time for practice but they stopped when they saw me. They bowed their heads but I waved them off.

  "So what we doing today alpha?" Sean asked.
  "By order of the Luna, your to sit out for awhile. Your only 12 and we agreed from years that 18 was the limit to start training." Gavin had said.
  "16 is the lowest, so please don't get mad at me. I just don't want y'all hurt." I said as I looked over at Nick that was still in a cast."
  "But I'm doing great. We're family can that go for granted. Let me off the spot please." Sean begged.

  Gavin looked at me and I felt guilty for doing this. I signed and looked around the field seeing everyone looking at me. Then I seen Kol, sitting down not even paying any attention to this.

  "Kol stand up!" I called out.

  He looked up at me then hurried up and stood up.

  "Sorry my Luna." He said.
  "Its fine." I said then looked at Sean. "Sean if you can beat Kol one on one then I'll let you. If not then your out. Do you understand that. Your Gavin's cousin, yes, but it don't mean anything. I didn't learn til I was 15, yes I said 16 but I was next in line to take over. You, your just a warrior, a young one at that to take over one year. Make this a lesson, no young puppy is to come train from here on our unless they are at least 16 years of age. Do I make myself clear warriors?" I had asked in my Luna tone.
  "Yes, luna." They all said.

  I looked at Gavin, he just smiled. I smiled back at him then looked at Sean. I waved him over to Kol. Kol was out youngest, newest warrior and in had found him after his tribe was killed. He was just a few years older than me. But he was a good warrior.
  Sean took off his shirt threw it at his brother and slide down into the pit and got into position. Kol looked at both me and Gavin and I nodded. Kol took off his shirt and they began when Gavin blew his whistle.
  Gavin sat next to me, to watch the little fight. But was more into me then them. He rubbed his hand on my belly, getting a slap or two from me. Paige giggled a little getting a snicker from me.
  About 5 minutes in the fight, Sean was kicking some ass and I saw the heat coming off of him. I stood up to look closer to the fight, making some of the warriors stand up as well but I waved them off.

  "Gavin, you see this?" I asked.
  "Yeah, I've noticed it when he broke Nick's arm. He's like me in a way, wants blood and power. He could be a alpha in his own pack if he wanted it. Or even challenge me if he could."

  I growled at that.

  "Look, we're family. My mother was in their pack but they wasn't alphas they were betas that I knew of. But if he wants to leave and start his own pack, I'd let him. I would help him get this pack going back at my mother's own land. He can take in wolves that has no place to go."
  "Like a refugee camp or pack?" I stated.
  "Yeah, he be great for it." Gavin said.

  I nodded at him as I was still watching the fight. I saw Sean had Kol on the ground in a head lock. Kol was started together red, and I couldn't have that.

  "Enough, Sean!" I called out. Sean didn't let go of him. "I said enough now!" I said using my Luna voice.

  Still nothing. I got up and go to the edge of the pit and slide down. I grabbed ahold of Sean and threw him a few feet. Kol passed out when he was released. I put two fingers against his neck to make sure he was still alive and when he was I let out the breath I was holding. Then looked at Sean. His eyes were black which I knew his wolf had taken over.

  "Sean, take control of your wolf now!" I said in my Luna tone.

  The warriors slide down and surrounded us with Gavin in front of me. But like before, I moved him and got in front of Sean and put my hands on his head to try and reach out for Sean.
  I saw Sean in his head in a corner scared for his life. I was confused at first then saw what was going on. He was reliving what had happened back at his pack. The gruesome attack. Women, children being killed the warriors fighting off what they could just to try and save what they could. A man came running over to them scared for their lives.

  "Sean, take your brother and sister to the pack by the falls. They will take you in and protect you. That's aunt Kelly's son's pack. Please go!" He yelled at them.
  "What about you and mother." I said.
  "Its too late for your mother, she's gone. Please go now!" He ordered.
  "But father!" They all cried together.
  "I, alpha of this pack order you to leave and go where you were told now!" He said.

  They all cried out and shifted and ran for their lives like they were ordered. They ran til I had about jumped them.

  "Sean, honey come back to me. Its all over, your safe now. Both you and your siblings, their safe with your cousin Gavin and I. Please come back to me." I pleaded.

  Sean looked at me with sad eyes then came running towards me. He hugged me and we both slide down to the ground.
  When I noticed we were both on the ground, I was no longer in his head. He was crying in my arms. I shush him as I was rubbing his back to calm him down.
  The warriors calmed down and moved away from us to give him some space.

  "I couldn't save them." He cried. "I was ordered to leave and protect my siblings."
  "Ordered?" Gavin asked as he sat on his knees.
  "His father ordered him in his alpha tone for him to take his brother and sister and run here." I had said.
  "Alpha tone? But he was just a beta, my mother was part of the beta family there." Gavin said.
  "The old alpha died of a stroke and since my father was his beta and the alpha had no child, the elders made my father alpha. And since we were born after he was made alpha we got the alpha gene." Nick had said from the top holding his sister.

  I felt bad for them and this is why didn't want them training right now.

  "Sean, you have won the fight but,"
  "No, I know what your gonna say. Won't come to training right now. I know what you saw, was hard on me and it was. I wanted to train to protect my family because I wasn't there to protect my parents or my pack." He told me.
  "Look, I'll give you til your 15 like me. All you can do is watch the warriors practice okay. Unless I or Gavin do a solo training on you."
  "Your not training in this state." Gavin blurted out.

  I looked at him and growled. He put his hands up and got up.

  "Go take a shower and go eat. I'll talk to you later if you want."
  "Yes, Luna."

  As I let go of Sean he ran up top with his brother and sister and grabbed ahold of them. After their hug, they walked away towards the house.

  "Look at that, the Luna is back in business." Demon had called out.
  "All hale the Luna!" Paige hollered out.
  "The Luna!" The warriors called out.

  I smiled at them as Gavin helped me out.

  "Oh guys stop it. We're all family, that is what this pack is all about. I don't care if I'm pregnant with the next alpha of this pack. Its my duty to make sure this pack stands by each other. As I will always stand by y'all. And hope y'all will do the same for little Devin here." I said as I rubbed my belly.
  "Wait you picked the name you wanted?" Gavin asked.
  "Yes, to keep his memory alive. Devin Sean DeGraw." I said.
  "Awe, Sean will be so pleased." Paige said as she hugged me. "We're all family, no matter what." She said.
  "To family!" The warriors yelled out.

  I smiled and my eyes changed to my phoenix eyes. She was a family bird, she protects what's hers and the little pack that was here felt loved as we all stood here.
  I may not be the best Luna right now but I am learning and I will make sure I will be the best mother to my children.
  I will stand by them by all means no matter what. Just like my mother did with Becca and I will do it too.