Chapter 18

When Gavin went to walk me down the stage, I stopped and turned my head toward the noise from the west. I looked at my parents then Gavin, I felt my eyes change colors before looking at the pack.

  "Those who don't fight, get to safety now!" I had yelled in my Luna tone. "Those who do, get ready to fight."

  All the women and children that don't fight ran to where they needed to be those who were fighting stood in a line waiting for the attack. I looked at my parents and they nodded at me. My brother and mate both touched my hand, making me look at both of them.
  As I was waiting for it, I was thinking where my grandfather was but before I could react the fight began. I took off in human form to start fighting while the others shifted in their wolves.
  While I was fighting a few wolves got ahold of me, scratching and biting into me but when I had enough I shifted into my wolf form as well to make it more easy for me. I was already getting tired from fighting in my human form but I felt my other powers kick in.
  As a wolf went to attack me, I jumped on a tree to jump over the wolf and soar through the air until I landed on another wolf and automatically killing him. After killing him, I ran towards the pack house and noticed all the rogues were either dead or still fighting. Some had ran off, scared like they should be. As I stumped on the ground sending off a wave of my phoenix power turning those rogues into ash, killing them right away.
  Everyone stopped doing what they were doing and looked my way. All you could see was my fur glowing like a weird flame, just blowing in the wind. As my mate had walked over to my and nuzzled into my neck, calming me down. I started to purr, I was happy that my mate was okay. I looked around and saw everyone all in their human forms, grabbing clothes that were being passed around. As I shifted and handed some clothes myself, I looked around to see who was counted for and was okay. When I couldn't find my grandfather, I started to worry. I ran around the area where all the wolves that were dead until I had found a certain one. I had found a human foot under a wolf and started freaking out. As I pulled the wolf off of that human I saw who it was. I screamed bloody murder sending my parents, my mate, my brother, and my uncles over to where I was. As I dropped down holding onto my grandfather's head, I was balling my eyes out. When I looked up, I saw my mother running towards me, when she saw who I was holding, she screamed as well.

  "Father!" she screamed. "No, no, no!" She said as she slide over to me, grabbing him like I did.

  When Parker and the twins had saw who we were holding, they lost it as well. When all our betas and our pack delta came over they circled us, keeping from people seeing until I heard someone yell; 'Let me through!'.
  It was Becca who had said it running over to us. Gavin had his arms around me as well as my father had his around my mothers.

  "This can't be happening, why didn't he just go with the others. He knew he wasn't up for this fight." Parker has growled out.
  "He knew this was his last, he wanted to help save what he could." My mother said.
  "Mom's right, last night he had told me something's that he knew this was his end, that he done it for all of us. Me, letting him give me way on my Luna ceremony was the best thing he could do for us. He wanted to be with grandma now." I said crying.
  "He'll get the best burial of his life." Gavin has said. "I have a grave site, not to far from here. Its by the falls, we can put him there."
  "Thank you Gavin." My mother had said.
  "I'll help you with everything." Parker had said.
  "We'll check out the premier to make sure no one stayed behind." The twins said together.
  "There's not." I said trying to get up.
  "How do you know?" My father asked.
  "Because I burnt them to ashes." I said as I got up and walked away to go to the house.

  The next day, after the clean up, all of the rogues were burned and those who were lost from my pack were buried. We only lost a few, counting my grandfather. All the beta and deltas of all 3 packs carried his body to the grave site with the head guardsmen following behind all of us. Only those were family and close friend or who knew him was there. As we set him on the shaft, the betas and deltas covered his body up with rocks and my uncle Parker had started us off with a saying.

  "When we were kids a year would last forever. Then we grew up and were told it was all over. Now we are old and the memories returning are like the last stars that fade before the morning." Parker said. "I always thought from the time I was a kid that I would have forever with you, even when the twins were born, I wanted you more than you wanting the twins. I use to think to myself, damn those twins, they had to come and fuck shit up. But I wouldn't change a thing because they made it better for me half the time when you wanted to get away from their crazy shit. Then you had Liv, everything really changed. She was all you ever talked and cared for. When we get into it, you would always take her side because she was the baby and she was the girl. And I couldn't asked for a better sister." Parker said started to cry after what he said at the end.
  "I may have been hard on you at times but I've learned from the better. Yes, I did challenge you but I loved seeing that face you gave me when I knew I had it from the beginning. Then the twins and Parker would fuck it all up for me. But in the end, you were the better person for us all." My mother said.
  "We may had been the double trouble makers growing up, but we learn from what we caused and it made us better." Max said. "Even though you wanted to kill us half the damn time." Jax added.

  After hearing what they said, I was lost with words. I didn't know what to say. He was all I had and yes I wasn't around him because we were in two different packs but when we did see each I was always up his ass.
  When I walked up to his made up grave, I sat on my knees and took out a piece of paper and read what I had wrote. It was a song that I've heard awhile back but never thought about it til now.

  "There'll be days your heart don't wanna beat
  You pray more than you breathe
  And you just wanna fall to pieces
  And nights, those 2 AM calls
  Where dreams become walls
  You just need a break
  Break on me
  Shatter like glass
  Come apart in my hands
  Take as long as it takes, girl
  Break on me
  Put your head on my chest
  Let me help you forget
  When your heart needs to break
  Just break on me
  There'll be times when someone you know
  Becomes someone you knew
  But you'd do anything to change it
  And words you wanna take back
  But you know you can't
  When the page just won't turn
  And it still hurts
  Break on me
  Shatter like glass
  Come apart in my hands
  Take as long as it takes, girl
  Break on me
  Put your head on my chest
  Let me help you forget
  When your heart needs to break
  Just break on me
  Oh, when you need somebody
  When you need somebody right now
  You're where I'll be
  Break on me
  Shatter like glass
  Come apart in my hands
  Take as long as it takes, girl
  Break on me
  Put your head on my chest
  Let me help you forget
  Heart needs to break
  Just break on me
  Break on me
  Break on me, baby."

  After I sung it I started to cry even more than I was. Gavin came over to me and helped me up and held me in his arms. While others said there blessings and memories about him, it just hurt worse for me.
  I knew his time was up but it was all too soon for him to go. I wanted him to be there to see his great grandchildren be born. I wanted him to still teach me things that I still don't know about. There were things that a granddaughter still needed and want from their grandfather and I wasn't gonna get it anymore.
  Everything was breaking apart from our world to his. He was with grandma and his parents and so on. Just hope he's happy where he's at now and watching over all of us.
  As the day had ended, everyone went back to their packs to get their lives back on track. It may not be the same as it was but it will never be forgotten. And those who took his life from us will pay for what they have done and I won't forget that. I will find who ever in this life time had brought this down on us and will be sorry they ever met me or my name isn't Zara Isabel Kentwood-DeGraw.

  Hope everyone like the last two chapters, they were kinda of a part 1 and part 2 of each other. Sorry for those have cried I know I did. Oliver was one of my main characters and it was hard to loose him after a book and a half.
  I know when I make the 3rd book to this you will see Oliver in it and may feel lost but parts of it will be from the past and catch up to where I'm leaving from here.
  Thank you all so much for reading and keep with me on these books. Find out what's left for Zara and her life.