One Journey Ends, Another One Starts... ~ CH-137

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"It's only a one year trip." Palermo added.

"But does that mean..."

"Yes Ash. That does mean that she wants me to leave you and I will not do that!" Serena said without any hesitation. "I want to make people smile in my own way!"

Serena added, looking angrily at Palermo.

Then, Palermo looked at Ash and smirked. "What if we construct a deal?"

"A deal?" Both Ash and Serena asked.

"Yes, a deal. Ash, you're in the Kalos League right?" Palermo asked.

"Y-yes...?" Ash replied, raising his eyebrow.

"Let's say, if you win the Kalos League, Serena can do whatever she wants. But if you lose.... Then, she will go on a performing journey with me. How does that sound?"

"What!?" Serena exclaimed in shock with widened eyes. "What kind of deal is that!?" Ash asked in surprise.

"As champion of Alola, you should be able to do that, or am I mistaken?" Palermo taunted.

Ash gritted his teeth at this. He looked at Serena who returned his gaze with a questioning one. "What do you say Ash..." She asked, placing her hand on his shoulder.

His expression softened. "I'll do it." He said, fully determined. "I will win the Kalos League for Serena!" He exclaimed towards Palermo.

"Good..." Palermo smirked.

"Are you sure Ash?" Serena asked with hesitation.

"Yes. I'm gonna give it everything I've got and there's no way I'm gonna lose now!" He replied. Now, he had a new motivation to win. As not only his, but now also Serena's future is on the line.

Flashback Ends.

"Charizard is unable to battle, Lucario wins and therefore the winner of the fiftieth Kalos League is R!" The referee announced. The crowd erupted in cheers while the commentator praised them for the amazing battle they had.

Ash was shocked. He sunk through his knees, staring motionlessly at the ground. The words went through him as if he ran with full speed up against a brick wall. He had lost, it was over.

He couldn't believe it. After everything he had done, after everything he had been through to prepare himself for this tournament. He was more than ready. And yet, it resulted into another failure...

He wanted to cry but he couldn't. It was as if his body refused to let the tears flow. His emotions didn't allow him to lose himself yet. And he knew why. He had to go to Charizard and help it back up.

Like a zombie, Ash raised back to his feet and walked over to Charizard, staring down at the ground as he did so. There was nothing that could get him out of his trance as he approached the knocked out dragon.

Once he reached Charizard, Ash sunk back onto his knees. He placed Charizard's head on his lap. Slowly, the large Kanto starter regained its consciousness.

"Gruaw..." it grumbled in sadness. It knew it had lost, again. Again at a moment when it mattered the most to Ash. This one was even more important than all the times before. He wanted to win for both Ash and Serena so badly. But as fate would have it, it didn't end so and Charizard wanted to punch itself in the face for it.

Ash gently placed his hand on the head of the large dragon, between the horns and stroked it. "Thanks for everything Charizard. You were more than incredible..." He murmured.

Charizard could feel the sadness in his voice as he said that. He knew Ash meant it but he also knew that Ash was hurt now.

Suddenly Charizard felt something wet drop on its neck. It looked up at Ash to see another tear escape his eyes. Charizard felt horrible for losing, now even more. It wanted to redeem itself for this, for what happened.