Ash vs Gladion, Lillie's Confession! ~ CH-91

"Z-moves? Alright!" Ash shouted in excitement. Everyone laughed. "That's our Ash..." Mallow commented. Serena let out a giggle herself. Ash was the type of person that could get excited over everything.

Narrator: Last time, Lillie told her story about her, Gladion and Lusamine reuniting with their long lost father. Now however, our heroes are ready to use some Z-moves!

The group headed outside and Kukui started to explain. "Today, we're gonna work on our Z-moves. Serena, since you're new here, I'll explain to you how Z-moves work."

"There's no need, I know the basics from Ash! And besides, I've seen him use 'Gigavolt Havoc' and '10 Million Volt Thunderbolt'." Serena said, much to surprise to everyone, except for Ash.

"O-okay then. Let's start off with a practice battle then! This way we can see it from close up and study it. Now for our battlers..." Kukui started looking around.

"Me!" Ash yelled. It was to surprise of no one that he wanted to be in the battle so Kukui accepted it. "Now for your opponent..." Kukui said as suddenly Gladion stepped forward. "Let's get this over with Ash!" He said with a sly smirk across his face.

"Alright, take your places and choose your pokemon." Kukui stated. Ash had already selected the pokemon who he wanted to use. This was the perfect opportunity to see how much stronger it had become.

Lucario walked onto the battlefield. "RRAH!" Lucario roared, widening it's arms while releasing a wave of aura which could be felt by everyone. Serena smiled at it. She was used to it and knew what Lucario had to offer. The others however, had a different reaction. While Kiawe felt motivated by it, it frightened others like Lillie and Sophocles.

"Sorry buddy..." I got someone else in mind." Ash said. Lucario hung his head in disappointment. It wanted to battle but it respected Ash's choices.
Then, Gladion unclipped a pokeball in his hand. "For my choice..." Gladion spoke in a deep voice as he threw an Ultra Ball forward.

a slouched, bipedal, werewolf like pokemon appeared from it. It had short red fur with white on its lower legs and a white streak that covers its face, underbelly, and tail. It had pointed, button ears with black tips, three large tufts of fur on each side of its face, a triangular black nose, and a mouth full of sharp teeth. While the pupils of its eyes were visible, they glowed a pinkish red and no distinctive colors was visible. A mane of fur covered its back and shoulders, sweeping forward over its head to form a crescent moon shape. On either side of its body, just below the shoulders, two small rocks resembling claws poke out of the mane. A single, bigger stone projected out of the front of the mane over its head. Each of its paws had three black claws, and it had a stubby tail covered in long fur. It was Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc.

 It was Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc

Ash smiled widely. Although he wanted to give his own Lycanroc or Lucario a go, he felt like someone else could lose some energy. "Naganadel, I choose you!" Ash yelled, throwing the pokeball.