Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Nick's POV:

"Mind control..." Pops said grimly. We watched as she began to scream in terror and thrash around like she was trying to get away from something. Dads' jaw tightened and his eyes turned black. We watched Court move from there to the room of shocks where she got electrocuted by the shock stick then to the whipping room where she got whipped in the back and beaten up. She did three rounds of it and by the end they had to carry her out. She looked dead and we all hated it.

"We have to try to get a trial and fast." Pops said as we walked back down to meet her in her cell.

"Don't you have rule over the council?" Mitch asked dad.

"Not over all of them. Some of them must have conspired a group. I guess they really like the Lord and the way he was running things."

"But they can't do this everyday! She'll die!" Mitch growled.

"Someone on the council is doing this. Unless we push for a faster trial they can keep her as long as they want in Aeonar." Pops said as we went into the basement just as her captor through her in the cell like a doll. She flung like a rag doll and laid lifeless on the ground.

"Hey ease up on her. Do you not know who she is?" Tyler growled.

"Tyler." Dad said. Tyler was so angry he didn't listen.

"Shut it pup or I'll let you have a couple rounds." The captor threatened.

"I'd like to see you try." Tyler shot back.

"Tyler!" Dad barked. The captor left and Tyler shook his head.

"I know you're angry. We all are but killing one of those guys will get you put into Aeonar with Courtland." Dad said. Tyler sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey, kid." Dad said bending down near Courtland. She lifted her head weakly. Her back was towards us and blood poured onto the floor.

"Get...me...out..." She whispered.

"I'm working on it. I promise." He assured her.

"I can't do it...I'm going to die." She sobbed.

"No you're not, Court. You just have to stay strong, k?"

"I can't. I'm bleeding...a lot...I'm exhausted. I'm not strong enough."

"Court don't say that. I promise I will push for a trial for tomorrow." Dad promised. She said nothing but laid her head on the ground. Dad pushed past us and upstairs.

He called everyone from a council meeting for tonight. All the royals had to come. Hopefully we would find the person that put Courtland in Aeonar and get rid of him. Dad had a strong voice and was easily persuasive.

Hopefully it will come quick enough...

----------

"Mi'lord what is your purpose for this council meeting." One royal family member asked. I looked around and recognized a few people. Dimitri came with his parents and a few other people were here.

"I want to bring forth the trial for Courtland." He said. One man I did not know stood up.

"She murdered our Lord in the cold blood along with his predecessors and sons, might I add!" He belowed.

"Drozdov be quiet you know very well that Uriel was doing nothing against the dark angel threat. The vampires are not as big of a problem anymore thanks to Nirvana Carter. The dark angels have been around the longest time are you just going to sit by and let them take royals? Uriel had no intention of stopping them and now you want the only person who can stop them to be sent for execution. She did us a favour!" Pops said back. Man you go pops.