Chapter 37

Chapter 37-

Courtland's POV:

I forced my eyes open, little nasty crusty stuff formed on the outside of my lids. I groaned because I was hungry and thirsty. I was a tiny bit sore to my surprise. I assumed I would have been engulfed in pain.

I looked down, my right arm was wrapped in bandages along with my stomach and ribs, my right leg had a large super duty brace on it. I wore a sports bra and running shorts, I was also bruised everywhere visible.

I then realized I couldn't see out of one eye. I touched my eye and felt a cotton gauze on it. I took a deep breath of relief and got up slowly. I felt a little dizzy and light headed but I managed to force through it and began slowly walking. My leg ordered me to stop but I needed food. My stomach howled loudly.

I pushed open the door with the little strength I had and made my way downstairs. Servants starred at me with wide eyes and their jaws dropped. I probably looked pissed because I was.

No one could bring me food?

Or be there incase I woke up.

I limped into the kitchen and everyone was sitting talking...and eating. They stopped and dropped their forks.

"No food for me?" I growled wobbling a bit. I grabbed a plate and loaded it with food and sat at the breakfast bar.

"Courtland? What are you doing up!?" Angelica explained coming over.

"Don't touch me." I said lowly. She stopped from touching me.

"I'm hungry." I said simply. I went back to wolfing down food as mom came over and peered at me. I pretended like I didn't see her until her faint touch landed on my ribs. I wanted to scream at the touch. My ribs hurt the most. I flinched away out of my chair. I was almost done anyways.

"Courtland...are you okay?" She asked worried. I wipped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Fine." I stated. I walked out and Angelica followed me. Along with everyone else.

"Courtland. Come with me for a second." She said.

"No." I said back heading for the stairs. I suddenly felt a familiar presence behind me.

"Courtland." He said sternly. God sometimes I wanna punch Dimitri in the face. He was so annoying.

"Fine." I grumbled quietly. I limped to the infirmary with Angelica and Dimitri following me. I walked in silently, I would have crossed my arms but that was a no no right now.

"I need to speak with your father. Give me ten minutes." She said shutting the blinds and walking back out.

I starred at the high up medical table. I have to get on that? How? I mean how to do that without screaming in pain.

I starred at the table with a death glare. I walked over to it and rested my hands on it. I went to hop up on it slowly but I snarled loudly in pain.

I tried lifting my good leg up but that caused me pain in my ribs and I growled.

"Mother fuckin' table...Go to fuckin' hell..." I snarled at it. I heard a chuckle behind me and arms around my waist.

"This is like the first day I met you...Swearing at inanimate objects." He said softly. I didn't wince in pain surprisingly. Instead I felt better. More relaxed.

"Better?"He asked. I had closed my eyes and leaned my hed back. Soon I felt my bum on a cold hard surface. I looked down at the table and I pouted, jutting out my bottom lip. I didn't like that.