Chapter 31: An Eight-Legged House Invader

Macaque and Bei Da were relaxing on the couch as they were watching a show about witches and owls. Bei Da was snuggled up next to her friend as usual. Macaque, on the other hand, was very invested in the show. Two characters were making bread puns and then that owl tube came in with mail for the witch. It always made him wonder...what's up with the owl tube? Who made him? Was it the witch? Was it the dog with the skeleton head? Or was it-

"Ah..how I love this show. Too bad that season three got cut short." Said a female voice that made our protagonists let out a shriek.

Macaque and Bei Da quickly got off of the couch and saw a spider demon- Wait. A spider demon? We haven't seen a spider demon since...oh no. The spider demon in question had purple skin, four green eyes, dark purple eyeshadow and lipstick, and spiky black hair that was styled into a pixie cut. Her clothes were similar to that of a biker, but if the biker liked spiders. She wore a black and purple motorcycle jumpsuit with green spiders on the upper half, the zipper rested on her chest, purple shoulder pads, and green spider knee pads as well. To top it all off, she wore dark purple boots. The two protagonists got into a battle position with their usual weapons of choice.

"Sorry for the scare, you two. Anyhow, whatcha doin' in my house?" The spider woman asked.

"YOUR HOUSE?! I think you have it completely wrong. This is our house, not yours." Macaque replied with his arms crossed as Bei Da nodded in approval.

"Nah, you see I used to live here before my queen asked me to enter a competition. Now that I'm back, it's time for you two to get lost." The spider demon said with a glare.

"Wait, your queen wouldn't happen to be..?" Bei Da questioned, hoping that it wasn't who she thought it was,

"The one and only Spider Queen! I'm her loyal heir, but I haven't heard from her in a while..."

Bei Da's eyes widened in shock. She quickly pulled Macaque into a duo huddle.

"Macaque, she doesn't know that Spider Queen is dead!" The child whispered.

"Wait, she's dead?" The black-furred monkey whispered back.

"I mean yeah, she was used to make that weird bone mech and um...I kinda sorta watched her...die?"

The Six-Eared Macaque had heard many things before, but this, this took the entire goddamn cake. He stared at her as if she was a mad woman.

"I know, I know. It was very traumatizing for me and shit. Anyways, I think that the spider girl's name is-"

"Hey! I've been monologuing for the past five minutes and you two ain't even paying attention?! Shame on you!" The spider demon exclaimed as she cut Bei Da off.

"Sorry, Ms. uh... What's your name exactly?" The child asked in a nervous tone.

"My name is Spindrax. You would have known that if you listened to my damn monologue!" Spindrax replied as she put her hands on her hips.

"Right, of course! Ms. Spindrax, this isn't your house anymore. It's ours." The child explained.

"Uh huh, yeah that's cute and all. This is still my house though." The spider demon remarked.

"No, it's not! How about I smack my bat in your face to knock some sense into you?" She raised her bat, getting ready to hit Spindrax.

"Or maybe, I should bite you and turn you into a spider! Just like me." Spindrax suggested with a smile

Bei Da quickly froze on the spot. She wasn't scared of spiders at all, but biting her would require Spindrax to touch her! She would rather eat ice cream than let some random demon touch her. Macaque had said something to her, but she didn't hear him. The next few things that she does remember are her and Macaque getting dragged by their scarf and jacket collars and getting left outside of their house. Our protagonists sat on the grassy ground, utterly confused about what just happened.