Chapter 19: Gifts From Friends

Bei Da's eyes cracked open and all she could hear was Macaque's godawful snores. She tried to get up, but only to be taken back down by the black-furred monkey.

"Mac, let me gooooo." She whined

And all she got back as a response was nuzzling and more snores. Great. I mean I know for a damn fact that you Macaque simps wish that was you- oh. I'm getting word that I should have not said that because now the CEO of Macaque simps is knocking at my door. ANYWAYS BACK TO NARRATING! The child looked around to the best of her ability and saw a body pillow. With a couple of tries, she was able to get it and carefully placed it underneath the black-furred monkey's arms. She was now out of his cuddly grasp! She left the room and went into the bathroom to brush her hair. Bei Da grabbed the hairbrush and when she looked in the mirror, she could have sworn that she saw the Running Lady- well the Running Lady's weird monster form. Now that was nightmare fuel. She turned around in a panic and just saw a white towel.

"Maybe I'm just seeing things. The Running Lady isn't real!" Bei Da mumbled to herself as she started brushing her hair.

Once she was done brushing her hair, she left the bathroom and went into the kitchen to see Chang'E in her pajamas.

"Oh good morning- wait, should I say 'good day' since we are on the moon?" The child asked.

"Hehe! You can still say 'good morning', Bei Da." The moon goddess replied.

"Oh, okay! Good morning, Chang'E!"

"Morning! Say, do you wanna help me make breakfast?"

"Oh um...I would, but I'm not very good at cooking or baking."

"Well I could do the cooking part and you can get me the ingredients!"

"But what if I mess up?"

"That's the fun part! You can always try again till you get it right! My motto is always to try your best!" The goddess answered with a smile.

"I thought it was 'Life Is Cooking and Cooking Is Life'?" The girl questioned as she raised her eyebrow.

"Shhhh Macaquette. Let me go grab my cookbook!"

"Okay- wait a minute! Did you just call me 'Macaquett-"

"GOTTA GO GRAB THAT COOKBOOK! KAY BYEEE!" Chang'E exclaimed as she cut off Bei Da from asking about the nickname.

The child stood there in confusion. She sighed and started waiting. Bei Da started to think about what happened on Flower Fruit Mountain.

'Macaque got hurt by Monkey King. They used to be friends, but who hurts their old friend like that? What if Macaque's eye scar is from Monkey King?! That Monkey Jerk is nothing but trouble! He decided to hurt my best friend of all people. If he wasn't immortal, I would turn him into a fucking fur-'

"Alright! I found my cookbook! Who's ready to make some pancakes?" Chang'E exclaimed as she unknowingly cut off the child's thinking.

"I am! So what kind of pancakes are we making? Mandarin Pancakes, Moo Shu Pancakes, Chun Bing, or Cong You Bing?" Bei Da asked as if she wasn't thinking to turn Wukong into a fur coat.  Remind me to never mess with this child when it comes to Macaque.

"Neither. Today, we are gonna make Souffle Pancakes!" The moon goddess replied as she opened her cookbook to the Souffle Pancake recipe page.

"Huh? I never heard of those before." The child said as she tilted her head in confusion.

"Okay so basically, Souffle Pancakes are these super fluffy pancakes from Japan and they are super delicious and fluffy! I've made them before and they were delicious!" The goddess quickly explained.