Chapter 8: The unexpected call

"I YELLED AT MONKEY KING'S FACE!" MK exclaimed to himself.

After MK had yelled at Monkey King's face, he told the gang to look for Macaque and the 'Bean' girl while he did something. That something was pacing back and forth in his bedroom all day, totally helpful. It was a new day and he had no clue on what to do after the events of yesterday. So he fell down onto his bed and groaned into his pillow.

"What am I supposed to do now?" MK asked himself.

Ring! Ring!

"UGGGGHHHH, CAN'T A GUY BE CONFUSED FOR ONE MOMENT?!"

MK picked up the phone to see who it was and surprisingly it was...WAIT HOLD UP RED SON WAS CALLING HIM?! He answered the phone to see what Red Son wanted.

"Uh..hey Red Son-"

"NOODLE BOY! WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED MY TEXTS?!" Red Son exclaimed.

"Huh? What texts?" MK asked.

He had no clue on what Red Son was talking about.

"The texts that I sent you yesterday and the day before, Noodle Boy!" He answered.

"Oh...I'm sorry, Red. Me and the gang have something really important going on right now. You can yell at me later." MK said.

"You mean Macaque and Bean Girl?" Red Son questioned.

"Yeah- WAIT A MINUTE! How did you know about them?" MK asked.

"Dragon Horse Girl told me about it."

"Oh. Did..Did she tell you anything else?"

"Well, she also told me how you yelled at Wukong." he responded.

"O-oh..." MK said in a disappointed tone.

"Noodle Boy, are you alright-"

"SO! Uh what were your texts about?" MK asked, interrupting Red Son from asking if he was okay.

"It was just questions, but those don't matter anymore. Noodle Boy, are you okay? You aren't acting like yourself." Red Son questioned in a concerned tone.

There was a moment of silence. MK didn't want Red Son to be involved in any of this, but he had found out anyway.

"I...I'm fine! No need to worry about me!" MK replied.

"...I'm coming over with the Dragon Horse Girl." The fire demon said.

"WAIT WAIT! THERE'S NO NEED FOR THAT-"

"Noodle Boy, I already made my decision. I am coming over there with your friend and we will see what's troubling you." Red Son said, interrupting MK.

MK didn't know what to do, so he decided on a compromise.

"Wait Red Son! Maybe you could just come over without..Mei?" He asked in a nervous tone.

"Hmmm...If I go without Mei, will you tell me what's troubling you?" Red Son replied.

"Yes! I definitely will!" MK exclaimed.

"Alright, I'll be over there soon."

"Okay, bye!"

The call had finally ended. MK sat up and processed what just happened.

"Red Son is coming over.... SHOOT! RED SON IS COMING OVER!" MK exclaimed.

He quickly got off of his bed and started getting dressed in his normal attire. MK realized that he would have to clean his messy apartment. Welp, this was going to take awhile. Luckily, Red Son would be driving, so he still had some time to clean up.