Chapter 9: Secret Keeper

⚠️Trigger Warning!⚠️ This chapter of LMK: The Adventures Of Macaque And Bei Da contains mentions of transphobia, implied child neglect, emotional abuse, and a little bit of physical abuse. If any of this makes you, The Reader feel uncomfortable, please PLEASE stop reading this chapter and wait for chapter 12. Thank you for your time, now onto the chapter!

Knock Knock.

MK's head turned over to the door. Red Son was finally here! He rushed over to the door and before opening the door, he took some deep breaths. He opened the door to be greeted by the fire demon. his hair was up in its usual tight ponytail, he was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck and his usual pants.

"Hello, Noodle Bo-"

"RED SON!" MK exclaimed excitedly, cutting Red Son off.

The brunet pulled the red haired demon into a quick, but very tight hug and then let him go.

"I'm glad that you're here!" MK said with a smile.

"O-oh! Uh..it's what friends are for, right?." Red Son replied awkwardly with his cheeks turning a bit red.

MK let Red Son come into his now clean apartment. The great sage's successor walked over to the couch and sat down. Red Son followed his lead and sat down next to him.

"So Noodle Boy, why have you been acting strange lately?" Red Son asked while raising his eyebrow.

"Um...well I..uh.."

MK was stumbling with his words. He couldn't lie to Red Son, but at the same he didn't want to tell him the truth. The fire demon took notice of this, so he decided to change the subject for now. He took a quick glance at the room and noticed that MK doesn't really have any pictures of his mom, dad or any family at all besides his little group of course.

"It's...It's okay if you don't want to tell me." Red son said. "I noticed that you don't really have any pictures of your family here."

"Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I have pictures of my family-"

"No, I'm not talking about your little group. I'm talking about your biological family." He replied.

"Oh, my biological family..." MK said in a gloomy tone.

Red Son realized his mistake and started to worry a bit.

"Erm, it's fine if you don't want to talk about them-"

"I'm not on good terms with my biological family." MK said in an almost deadpan tone. MK's voice sent shivers down Red Son's spine.

"O-oh, did something bad happen between you and them?" The fire demon asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"...Yeah." he replied.

Red Son was now starting to get curious about this. What happened between Noodle Boy and his family?

"Can you..can you tell me what happened? if you're comfortable telling me of course." He asked.

"Okay, but can you maybe not tell anyone that I told you this?" MK replied in a nervous tone.

"You haven't told anyone about your family? Not even your friends?" Red Son asked.

"Well technically I have told them, but not the whole story." MK explained. "Mei accidentally met them once and uh...it didn't go so well."

"Ah, I see. Noodle Boy, I-"

"Red, you can just call me 'MK', you know that right?" The brunet said.

"I know, but that's just a nickname that you go by." The fire demon replied. "I don't even know your real name."