a long patrol with a twist

After the bat rulers recovered from thier cat nip frenzy onyx left and went out on patrol as the sun set, heading into the forest as the moon slowly rised, on her patrols she could get a better view of the perimeter without being spotted by locals or any patrolling gods since she kept track of thier nightly patrols which didn't happen very often. She would hear rumors about a upcoming prophecy of the sort killing the overlord himself but she had her doubts about it and such, it was a lingering thought in everyone's heads giving them the only thing they could hope for in a worl like this. She glared at the shadow covered trees above her seeing small bits of the night sky as she walked, it has been 4 days and yet oni season is only a day away it was very serious around that time, she would have been more angry, more vengeful, more curruppted. She would not get the end of it until the whole season ends or she embraces her oni side, embracing it would cause trouble and so far she hasn't heard from any of her enemy's in days so that just made her puzzled as she took a turn around a tall spruce tree and followed the trial near the jungle kingdom boarders, she knew the royals of the kingdoms but knew that if she also revealed herself as a fellow ruler she would get involved in wars and upcoming battles she won't be able to participate in because of the lack of resources and soldiers. Feeling the cold night air hit her face as she walked forward, then she heard a faint echo calling her name from a far distance in confusion she turned and looked up at the smoky sky in the direction of the palace.
She ran through the shadow covered forest jumping over shrubs and small branches as fast as she could her head was in panic mode, she never felt like this before, feeling protective why not but this just made her heart nearly shatter in her stomach before stopping and seeing the tall dark palace set aflame the bright fire burning into her eyes as the smoke rised from the palace, she ran in and darted through the dark hallways before seeing two familiar boneheads dashing around trying to escape from the burning flames around them, as soon as they saw her the picked her up and flew towards the exit crashing through the thick doors "where's Zatz and the general?!" She asked as they put her down "they got kidnapped!" They said in unison as they bolted towards the nearest river in the area, the news newly set her aflame herself, kidnapped?, She was out of commission for a day and someone has already planned this while she was away and she felt such anger brew in her heart and glared up at the palace who ever you are, I will get them back if it's the last thing I do........