meeting the twins

The two slowly opened the thick door looking left from right in the dark hallways of the palace, it was quite, and dense, and calm. This was a feeling the bat rulers weren't used to, down in the underworld it was never calm, quite, or dense, it was full of violence and hate around every one down there worshiping lord mictlan. They slowly walked through the hallways seeing the same tapestries from before as they walked deeper into the palace. The darkness wasn't a creepy one, it was oddly nice and comforting to the rulers alone but most of the shadows they were around gave off demonic vibes were they would sometimes meet small messenger demons sent from the small villages of imps. Seeing the statues on each side of the hallway were oddly placed like they were guards of some sort, holding thick and plastered spears with each of their chest plates held a specific symbol for something, their eyes were in gems like rubies and emeralds shining dimly in the small sources of light appearing from the small cracks on the walls. The two studied everything around them before hearing a high pitched hiss echo around the hallway igniting the mouths of the statues around them, for each statue, the color of the fire would have changed from green to red to blue, this wasn't anything the duo have every seen. Two big wolf skulls emerged from the darkness revealing them selves thier blue flamed eyes glowing from their sockets before shrinking into more of a suitable size to face the bat rulers. This was an odd scene to the duo, this was the first time they'd ever seen such odd beings above them, the only skeletal beings they've seen are lord mictlans soldiers and the goddesses of thievery. The two skulls glanced at each other before lowing themselves closer towards the two who just stared in awe, "hi there I'm drake! And that's duke! Were the bone head twins!" The one on the left said proudly as the two circled them shining every tooth at their new guests. "Um....... Hi.... Were wondering were exactly are we?" Zatz asked, the two skulls turned to face him gaining thier attention and they smiled again "you my white headed amigo are in the old oni palace" drake said rising higher into the air with his twin thier eye sockets gleaming like stars before turning back to look at them. "Oni.... Palace?" The bat king asked tilting his head at the two, that was something he's never heard of, an oni, the word sounded weird to him but since he was supposed to know every type of demon he suspected that was what was on the banner all over the place but he wanted to confirm his theory "what's an oni?" He asked rising an eyebrow Wich caught his son's attention completely as the two looked at the bone heads, they tilted thier heads at each other before showing a big grin "an oni is a type of demon that doesn't follow any type of sin but are also known as the bringers of doom, they are very dangerous beings" duke said glancing at the king, now that made sense, camazotz had heard of the bringers of doom from a long time ago in his youth were he was a young prince and his parents palace was getting invaded by large dark beings consuming everything in darkness, Zatz shuddered hearing this and just imagining the meeting something like that face to face must have been considered a death wish "so are you two the ones that brought us here?"
"Oh three smashing suns no!" The two said in unison, confusing the bat boys, if it wasn't them then who was it? Zatz was confused for the most part but the bone heads must have read it like a book because a few seconds later they snickered and fell to the floor thier heads rolling in small circles as they did catching the rulers off guard and just stared at the odd beings as they rolled. This was the weirdest thing they've ever witnessed mostly because this was something they never saw often. The boneheads stopped and gasped for breath before floating back up into the air "we didn't, but our ruler did" drake said and gestured to the two large doors at the end of the hallway seeing small sparks of light emit from the room behind the doors "come with us and you'll meet her" the two said again in unison but this statement caught thier attention, they wanted to meet this ruler of thiers but at the same time they had an odd feeling that this could possibly be a another trap, but the two seemed kind to them and with out hesitation they accepted thier offer and continued to walk down the now lit hallway.