a unexpected visit

After fixing up Onyx everyone gathered in the kitchen for a emergency meeting, they were all panicked for the most part and with a ruler out of commission they needed to come up with a plan before anything went down in flames and crumbles into ash. "What are we going to do now? If her enemy's now about her sudden decommission they will launch the biggest attack we've ever seen" Drake said his thought filled with doubt and worry, during his time at the palace he has witnessed onyx battle many of her enemy's alone, she was considered a one woman army. "what do you mean? 'launch the biggest attack we've ever seen?'" Zatz asked looking at them with a new serious gaze, drake and duke looked at each other with worried glances before finally speaking "her enemy's have wanted her dead for years and if they know shes unable to fight,they'll come as soon as word gets out and she won't be able to protect the palace" Duke explained, the bat rulers could see the pieces align in thier minds of it all, her distant behavior, her sudden disappearances, and her facade. They could remember her bland behavior and her superior actions but one thing was for certain, she was the only one in the palace who knew her enemy's like the back of her claws.
"What? Don't you two know how to fight?" The skulls shook thier heads in a complete feeling of shame and sorrow, in the first few days of their lives they were more than just skulls they had bodies of thier own before they got burned to a crisp in battle, only thier skulls survived.
"Well, then you two can patrol the perimeter and warn us if you see anything" general said, the two nodded and floated out of the room, Zatz understood the ups and down of being a ruler but one with enemy's that are willing to tear down this place to kill her must have been rough, he could remember the first time he witnessed onyx in battle, fighting them off like they were nothing.
He could remember the stitched up man glaring at her across the battle field, he believed his name was Valdis and after seeing him get killed or knocked unconscious it seemed like a wise choice to attack when the ruler is down,then they heard a loud bellowing laugh echo around the room before two familiar head popped up from the nearby window "oi mochachos!" The two screamed in surprise before running into the wall.