LESSON I

I can't believe I said that to Leo. The look he gave me sent chills down my spine...I was scared but still wanted him. Now, it's been two weeks since I made my request, and I've been on edge.

Leo has not touched me at all.

Business was as usual with no signs of him teaching me anything. How was I so eager to learn but scared at the same time? My phone buzzed, and I answered.

"Hello?"

"Magnolia, be ready at 9 pm. Wear something pretty."

His deep voice sent feelings of excitement through me.

"Okay."

I hung up the phone with my same enthusiasm as all the other dinner dates we went on. It was so nice and romantic...I always looked forward to spending time with him.

Tonight, I wore a black flare out lace dress with thin strap stilettos.

I waited for Leo to come home, but instead, Jerry, from security, called up to tell me my ride was here.

Walking out of the building, I saw Stan. He was holding open the car door.

"Hi, Mr. Stan."

"Good evening, Ms. Richards."

I smiled and got inside. Leo wasn't in the car, and I began to get nervous. We usually ride together.

My phone buzzed. It was Stephanie.

"Hello?"

"Magnolia! Niko is in the hospital. He was in a really bad car accident."

Her words didn't move me. I had no sympathy to give, but I did the best I could.

"So sorry to hear that. How are you holding up?"

"I'm a fucking wreck! I can't lose him...I will go crazy!"

Hearing her cry just annoyed me. I tried putting my bias aside and gave her my sincere words that she will be okay and to stay positive. I couldn't bear to mention Niko.

"Make sure you get some rest, Steph."

"How can I rest when the love of my life is unresponsive?"

"He is still alive and has brain activity, right?"

"He still can fucking die, Mag! You sound like you don't give a fuck!"

"Because I don't!" I couldn't take it anymore.

"What?"

"Niko's a horrible person. He's been harassing me ever since I told him about his brother. I don't know how he got my number but I blocked him numerous times. He even showed up to my apartment."

"Y-You're fucking lying..."

"I'm not, Stephanie. Go support your man and leave me alone."

I hung up and blocked her number. No way was I giving her the chance to blame me for Niko's trash behavior. My mood was in the shitter because I knew I just lost my friend.

The car pulled up to a big black building with rose bushes in the front and green vines climbing the sides.

Surge was in big red neon lights on the front and my heart raced. Stan opened my door while I looked for any sign of Leo.

Then the red double doors opened with a black carpet making the trail inside.

"Leo.."

I whispered his name when I saw him. He looked so fucking good to me...as usual. His all black attire set my lust in gear. Suits were definitely made for him.