OFFER

It's been two weeks since Ms. Richards accepted my offer. Having a personal assistant was a great idea, plus I needed a reason for her to be around. Me not seeing or talking to her every day bothered me.

She also shocked me with her message about Dottie. I'm still very curious as to how Magnolia knew about her.

Dorothy was my business partner for many years. Her knowledge of investments and connections with the wealthy higher-ups made my family a lot of money.

Before she was killed, I received a message from her to meet at the Renegade Casino. It was Merlin Scott's business, and we were in talks of him selling it to me.

I made it to the meeting, but Dottie didn't. She had a semi-truck run into her head-on. I never took her death as an accident, but it was hard to prove otherwise. It's been two years since she's been gone.

"Mr. Vinci, Ms. Richards is in the lobby."

My secretary offered to escort Magnolia to our floor but I'd rather greet her instead. Getting off the elevator, I was instantly caught by her smile...she literally lit up the space.

"Hello, Mr. Vinci."

"Hi, Magnolia. Thank you for coming."

"Thank you for the opportunity."

I noticed her hair was different. It was pulled back into a bun. She no longer had braids, and I hope she didn't change them to work for me.

We shook hands like this was our first time meeting. She looked so good in her blue skirt suit, and I wondered how I was going to stay professional. But then again I'm sure she would look good in anything she wore.

"This is a very nice building. How long have you been here?"

"Thanks. We've been here for six years. My company was the first to take residency."

"That's so cool."

Her eyes were filled with excitement, and that made me happy. I would love to show her the world if I get a chance.

"Magnolia, this is Joan, my secretary. Joan, this is Magnolia."

"Nice to meet you. Mr. Vinci, she is beautiful."

I smiled at Magnolia being shy.

"I'm alright, but thank you. It's nice to meet you too."

They shook hands, and Joan winked at me. I smiled, then turned my head. She may be on to me.

I showed Ms. Richards around, then we went into my office to discuss what her daily duties would be. She took a notepad out of her bag along with a red pen with fur on the end of it.

"Monday morning, you will need my schedule for the week. Joan will email that to you. I need my coffee hot and ready by 7:20 am. Are you okay with traveling?"

"Yes sir."

Magnolia was taking notes while I was mentally taking my own.

I like how she was very attentive, hanging on to my every word. Hearing her call me sir made me question my intentions with her.

"Good. I may need you to run a few errands for me a few times during the week. You'll have your own company car provided to you."

She looked surprised. "Oh okay."

"I'll also have you answer my personal calls."

I took my phone from inside of my suit jacket. I sat it on my desk, and she continued writing.

"This same phone will be how you and I communicate. Take it."

She did what I said, then sat it on her lap.