CURIOUS

It was Friday, and Stephanie wanted to go to a house party. I've only been to one party with her, which was over a year ago, so I was about due.

With my braids up in a neat bun and my tight black, above the knees dress fitting nicely, we were off to a night of fun.

As I expected, the house was huge. Stephanie doesn't even entertain a house party invite if the location isn't a mansion. Bougie friends are definitely needed.

"Time to take someone's man."

I gave her an annoyed look. "Steph, don't play."

"I'm joking....Kinda."

We got out of her BMW and went into the party. The inside was exquisite with tall ceilings, big windows, expensive paintings, and gorgeous chandeliers.

Walking around, I was in awe of the decor and architecture while Stephanie was in awe of the men. I must admit there were some lookers here, so I knew she would snag one of them or two.

While my friend mingled with the people, my nerd ass walked around like a tourist. I stared at a painting that looked familiar.

"That's Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night."

I looked at the man who spoke. He was tall, slim with short blonde hair and light green eyes. He was handsome.

"Oh okay. I know I've seen this in a textbook before."

"Yeah, it's very popular. That's a replica...I'm Austin, and you are?"

"Magnolia."

I went to shake his hand, but he kissed mine instead, then let go.

"Is this your home?"

"My parents, I just stay here from time to time."

"Must be nice."

He smiled. "It has its perks."

"Well, it's a beautiful home."

"There's more to see, I can show you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we have an amazing art room."

I gasped. "Shut up."

He chuckled. "Come...follow me."

I got excited to take a tour and get the full experience. I texted Steph to let her know what was going on, and she texted me back okay.

We went into double doors, and inside was indeed a mini art museum. Austin showed me each art exhibit as I soaked up all the information.

"This is absolutely amazing."

"Thanks...would you like a drink?"

NO!

I literally ducked at the sound I heard.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned as I looked around.

"Um...Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Let me get you something."

Don't do it! Don't drink it!

Suddenly, my eyes saw a dark-haired woman standing behind him. She looked pale with black circles around her eyes. All she had on was black underwear. She was definitely a spirit.

"It's okay. I'm not a drinker."

Austin grabbed my hand. "Do you want to see the rest of the house?"

"No, thank you. I actually need to find my friend."