Chapter 51

Pixelle's POV
I woke up in my bed. I heard Bolt babbling. I got up and followed it. Felix was playing a video game and had Bolt in his lap. Novalia was asleep on the couch. I walked up to her.

"Hey sweetie? You should go nap in your room."

She rubbed her eyes and I helped her walk to her room. I tucked her in then walked away. I shut her door. Bolt started giggling.

I love hearing that.

Bolt turned his head and looked at me.

"Mommy!"

He jumped out of Felix's lap then ran up to me.

"Hi!"

Felix paused his game.

"Hey! How'd you sleep?"

"Okay. You?"

"Same. I needed that."

Bolt dragged me over to the couch. I sat down. He got some toys and handed some to me. I started playing with him. He started rubbing his eye after a while.

"Sleepy?"

He slowly nodded. I brought him up to his room. He climbed onto his bed. I tucked him in.

"Mommy? Can you sing?"

"Sure."

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said, "I'll never let you go" When all those shadows almost killed your light I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone" But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight."

He rubbed his eyes.

"Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

He yawned.

"Don't you dare look out your window. Darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold on to this lullaby. Even when the music's gone. Gone. Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

His eyes slowly closed.

"Just close your eyes. You'll be alright Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

I kissed his forehead. I smiled since he was peacefully asleep.

I should be close.

He might have a nightmare.

I carefully stood up. I went to his bedroom door and closed it. I quietly walked away. Felix wasn't in the living room anymore.

Did he go to his damn office?

He hasn't been home for 48 hours and he's already locking himself in there.

I hurried to his office. He was in there on his laptop. I opened the door and walked in.

"Why're you already in here?"

"I'm not doing paperwork. I'm shopping for Bolt's presents. He's into sharks and tigers. I'm looking for anything that's related to it."

I walked up to him and looked at his laptop.

"It's just easier to look in here. It's quiet and the kids don't really come in here."

"Why don't you go to the toy store?"

"True. I could do that. I just...can't find the right moment."

"Well....he's asleep now. You can always go now."

"Good idea."

He got ready then went to the store. I went around the house and cleaned a few things. Felix came home holding so many shopping bags.

"I-did you rob the place?!"

He laughed awkwardly.

"I-I got carried away. You don't wanna know how much this all was."

"I love you but...holy shit Felix. L-let's start wrapping everything."

We brought all of the toys into his office. We set everything up and started wrapping everything.

"I love you but...you went overboard..."

"So? He's probably never had this before."

"True."

We finished wrapping everything and hid them.

"I'm happy...you're both home."

Novalia woke up first. I heard her waking Bolt up.

"I love our little family."

"Me too."

The kids ran up to us.

"HIIIIII!"

"Hey little ones."

"Dadda!"

Bolt ran up to Felix and jumped into his arms.

"Hey little man!"

Bolt wrapped his arms around Felix's neck and put his head on Felix's shoulder.

"Awww buddy."

He started rubbing Bolt's back.

"How was your nap? Good?"

"Yesth."