Chapter 9

Pixelle's POV
I started humming my comfort song. The front door flew open. I sat there and started crying.

This is it.

I'm dead.

I'm freaking dead!

He's not even supposed to be here until the morning!

I enlarged my nails. Peter ran up to me. I reached out but he grabbed my wrist.

"YOU FUCKING STUPID BITCH! HOW WAS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO STAY PUT AND FUCKING SUFFER?!"

He slapped me.

"STOP FUCKING CRYING! TEARS WON'T FUCKING SAVE YOU!"

I gulped.

"SOME DAYS...I'M CONVINCED YOU'RE THE FUCKING REASON MOM AND DAD WENT INSANE!"

He slapped me again.

"Please stop! Please!"

"I HAVE TO RELOCATE YOUR ASS NOW!"

"Please! No! I-I'll never leave this place again! I-I'll ignore everyone! Please!"

"I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!"

He enlarged his canines. His eyes were red.

"Stop! This isn't like you! There's obviously something wrong with you! I-I wanna help! Please let me help! I miss you!"

I started shaking.

"Please let me go! Y-you can relocate me! I-I'll never leave again! Please!"

He snarled.

"Petey please stop! Stop! I-I love you! Please! Snap outta this! I'm begging you!" I said as my voice cracked.

He got close to my face.

"Petey please! I-I already lost our parents and siblings! Please! You don't have to do this! Please! Let me help you! This isn't you! The good you is still in there! Petey stop! I-I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die! Not like this!"

The front door was kicked open.

"Please!"

Chan tackled my brother. Felix raced up to me.

"Lixie?! Lixie?!"

"Hey. I'm right here."

He cupped my face.

"Eyes on me."

I started staring at him.

"It's okay. It's okay."

He started quickly moving hair out of my face.

"I'm right here. Breathe. Little wolf, it's okay."

I looked over his shoulder and saw Chan injecting my brother with something.

Myla: It's probably a sedative.

"Oh..right...he's a pain in the ass. Makes sense."

"GET OFF ME! GET OFF ME! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"STOP FIGHTING ME! JUST FUCKING GIVE UP! YOU'LL BE KNOCKED OUT IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!"

Felix helped me stand up. I started hugging him.

"Lix, get her outta here."

Felix scooped her up. He brought me out to his car. He put my feet on the ground. He unlocked the car and opened the door for me. He put the seatbelt on for me.

"You okay?"

"No."

"At least, you're honest."

He got in the car and put his seatbelt on. He started driving.

"Thanks."

"Why'd you run?"

"He mindlinked me. He was mad...I left."

"I wish, you said something."

"I'm sorry."

"Next time...don't run. Let me help."

I had a hard time sleeping that night. I decided to go outside. I started looking at the sky. I found Felix already outside.

"Hey Lixie."

"Hey. What're you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

I walked up to him and sat down next to him. I noticed he was holding a glass.

"You drink?"

"Not all the time. You?"

"No. My parents were alcoholics."