Chapter 22

Felix's POV
I got ready for bed then laid down next to her. I started hugging her from behind. I shut my eyes and just focused on try to relax.

I woke up before her. She was facing me. I moved hair out of her face.

I'll let her sleep for a little while.

Shifting must've taken too much out of her.

I heard yelling and jumping up. I ran towards the yelling. I didn't knock. I opened the door.

"What's going on? Pixelle needs sleep. She shifted for the first time in years. It took too much of her energy. Can you please...not yell? You might scare Novalia too."

My parents both looked at me. Their eyes were red. I gulped.

"You might as well...tell him!"

Uh oh...

Someone's gonna die.

I don't remember doing anything.

"Your brother and father here...forgot to mention something about this family."

"Okay? I'm not following."

"Novalia...is your niece."

"Uh come again? Are my ears still asleep? Did you just say...Novalia is my niece? Okay....I must be drunk. Why didn't Chan tell me? T-this can't be true."

"Uh...oops?"

I turned around and saw Chan. I crossed my arms.

"When were you gonna tell me?"

"I-I'm kinda embarrassed...mom and dad kept talking about wanting me to have a son and...it didn't go well."

"So you sent her away? Really? Are you insane Chan? She's fucking 6! You abandoned your own daughter?!"

"Daddy?!"

Novalia ran up to Chan. He seemed angry.

"What's with that look?"

"Why is she here? She shouldn't be here."

"She said...her pack was attacked and everyone is dead. Can you like..explain? Use simple words so my dumbass can process if I should deck you."

"I-I had no choice. Me and Jocelyn...know nothing about taking care of a child."

"Uhh..dipshit you could've asked! I would've gladly helped!"

"Don't yell at me!"

I looked down at Novalia. Tears were starting to form.

"Y-you didn't want me?"

"T-that's not what this is."

"It fucking sounds like it son."

"Why didn't you at least tell me? I could've taken over! You could've sent her here!"

She started crying so I picked her up.

"Shhhh. It's okay. Uncle Felix has you."

She started rubbing her eyes.

"And you knew about this dad?"

"He told me...he would visit her."

"Oh did he now?"

I saw the life drain out of my brother's face.

"Dad..I can forgive since...you lied to him too. But...but you? Can I forgive you for treating an innocent child this way? Do you know...the trauma you created?! First shit went to hell with her mother. Now...you're fucking telling me..."

"What's going on? Why do I hear yelling?"

I looked and saw Pixelle.

"My daddy doesn't love me!"

Pixelle rushed over to us.

"What the hell is going on?!"

"Ask Bang Chan."

She turned around. He repeated everything. Her jaw dropped.

"I-I can't believe you!"

She started rubbing Novalia's back.

"Shhhh. You're okay."

"I-I can never look at you the same."

"I-I have a hard time looking at myself too. I-I'm a horrible person. I just...I just wanted to at least explain. I-I brought some of her things...I had in storage."