Chapter 45

Felix's POV
"We can try to beat them there."

"I swear...if you're in on this...you're dead to me."

We got a few things ready and I told Pixelle. She started panicking.

"I'm getting him back."

"Y-you'll come back too right?"

"Don't I always?"

We grabbed Han and a few other people. Everyone followed where my brother was taking us. It took a few days on the road but...we finally caught up to them.

"If one of you hurt him...I'm not gonna be happy."

We split up and broke into the house. Me and my brother found Daphne watching Bolt sleep.

"It's over! Give me him!"

"No! Not until...you help find Dylan!"

"I know what you're trying to pull! It won't work!"

Bolt slowly sat up. I enlarged my nails on one hand. Me and Chan slowly got closer to her. We were yelling back and forth. Bolt started staring at me. He must've found an opening.

He slid off the bed and ran up to me. My nails went back to normal. I scooped him up. Chan threw Daphne up against the wall. He grabbed her arms and put them behind her back.

He slammed a pair of handcuffs on her. I waited for them to close.  I turned around and started running.

"Dadda!"

"It's okay! You're okay!"

A man ran up to us. He pointed at gun at me. I turned Bolt's head away.

"What're you doing here?!"

"I came for my son! Daphne took him last week!"

"Bullshit! That's Dylan!"

"Is that what she told you?!"

"Yes!"

"Little man? Go ahead and say your name."

"B-Bolt."

The man put the gun away.

"I am so sorry. Daphne came back on this whole rampage. How'd he get here?"

"She ran inside my house and grabbed him. She's under arrest now. It's over. Let us go or I'll assume you're her accomplice."

"I'm scared."

"It's okay."

The man stepped out of the way and I started running. We made it outside and I put him on the ground. I crouched down.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did she do anything to you?"

"I go home."

I saw someone walking up behind Bolt. I stood up and threw him behind me.

"Are you the alpha here?"

"Yes. I'm Lenore. Who are you?"

"I'm Felix. Daphne came into my territory and grabbed my son. Me and my pack have come to get him."

"That's not Dylan?"

"I-I'm Bolt."

He stepped out of the way.

"I will handle my stepdaughter."

"Thank you." 

Han met us at a car. The back windows were tinted. I opened a door and jumped in with Bolt. I scrambled to get him into a car seat. We stopped at the hotel. I grabbed everything and checked in.

Me and Bolt went up to the room and I sat on the bed and started hugging him.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so, so sorry!"

I spent forever hugging him.

"I wuv you."

"I love you too!"

He plopped down in front of me. He started playing with my hands.

"Are you sure...you're okay?"

He nodded.