Prologue

🥀

Sitting on the back side of a small house, a place filled with warmth and love, an omega was staring at the full moon. Alone for a moment but, will be reunited with his other half in just a matter of hours, Jungkook was feeling giddy inside.

Been away from his mate for a week, he was deprived of his scent, yet he couldn't help but smile at the thought of him exploring out this new side of himself with the other, his Alpha.

Being overwhelmed with the rush of emotions, his body was hyperactive, trying to stay calm, he just wanted to stay under the serenity of Moon light, but decided to go back inside to have something to fill his stomach to keep himself up and ready for the older.

Sitting on the couch with a milky drink in his hand, he was  enjoying the constant warmth, trying to keep it away from the mate bond, because he wanted it to be a surprise, his happiness, his joy and everything else, so he could see the face of his beloved once he reveals this new life within himself, to Taehyung.

Not sure why his head suddenly started pounding, he placed the empty glass down, only to have it slipping out off his grip and break next to the couch, before he could register the shadow of something next to him he was lost in the dark.

The moment he blinked again, he was somewhere else, this wasn't any place he has been before, blinking away the tiredness, a sound of thundering voice made his eyes move and settle down on a person standing by the door of this mysterious room.

Focusing more on that side, as his senses started to come back, he realised it was his mate, it was Taehyung, his eyes bright red and his sharp claws were out, holding some other figure.

The sudden rush of adrenaline and the high pheromones inside the room made his mind recover faster than it would've, and he sat up, only to realise he was naked, his heart beat quickened as he looked down, covering himself with the sheets, he looked around hastily for a shirt and after finding one, he got up, legs shaking because of the loud voice of older.

He wanted to call him, but older's hand were on someone's neck, in a next moment Jungkook realised who he was, "Namjoon Hyung", he mumbled, stepping back when older's bloodshot eyes shifted towards him, a murderous look, that could swallow Jungkook whole.

He backed away from that intense gaze, as he was trying to breathe in, there came in more people, the elders and the family members of the Alpha.

"Tae", his voice so weak in this chaos, he could barely hear himself. In the very next moment older pulled Namjoon out of there with himself.

Jungkook didn't know he was crying until he felt the wetness on his cheeks, "Kook what have you done!" It was Jimin, next to him, holding the rest of his clothes.

"I didn't do anything", he cried, "I don't know what's happening hyung!" I'm scared he wanted to add but the look of betrayal in Jimin's eyes was screaming at him.

"Wear these and quickly follow me out", Jimin said, his voice void of any emotion and walked out, making Jungkook's whole body tremble in pain, his Alpha was angry.

As he walked out of the room, a few betas were waiting for him, and they all moved towards the center of the pack ground, where a fire was burning, Jungkook's legs couldn't move when he saw Taehyung again, he was loud, his Alpha was loud.

In the very next moment he witness something he could never have imagined, making him sick to his stomach, when older's claws pierced Namjoon's neck, ripping his whole head apart from his body, the scream from someone on the left made the scene even more painful and Jungkook's legs gave up and he fell on the ground, whimpering, on the verge of passing out, but got held up again and was taken back at the pack house by someone he couldn't see.

The last thing he remembered was older's glaring eyes, that were looking for him, as if ready to take his life that very moment, and it wasn't Taehyung, it couldn't be his Alpha.

The only thing he could think about at that very moment was to run away, from that place, from that beast, from his mate, from his Alpha.

                      ____________________