Chapter 51 - Desire

Start from the beginning

"Well... what are we waiting for?! Maybe Cynthia is there!" Natsu grinned.

"We need to hurry." Rogue said.

"B-But the thing is..." Happy interrupted.

"What? What is the thing?!" The White Dragon Slayer arched an eyebrow, getting ready to run full speed towards the direction.

"There was... blood." Lily grimaced.

"B-Blood?!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Oi! What do you mean?!" Sting snarled, but was held back by Rogue and glared at him so that he could let him go, but shook his head and Sting sighed in defeat.

"G-Gomen."

"Was there something else other than blood?" Erza asked this time.

"There were a pile of demons that seem to be unconscious?" Lector said.

"Demons?" says Laxus, who raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah... there was even a small cottage there, but it wasn't attacked or anything." Lector cautiously said.

"It wasn't demolished?" Rogue said.

"Aye." Happy answered.

"How can that be? If Cee-chan were to fight that enemy... that cottage would've been destroyed already!" Sting stormed.

"I'm not sure..." Lily said and placed a paw under his chin to think.

"That's weird..." Gray said.

"More like something suspicious." Lucy said.

"Well let's go! I can't sit around and think too much of this. We need to find Cee-chan!" Sting aggressively said, and everyone knew that his patience was getting bitter by the minute.

"Yeah. I'm with you Sting." Natsu said seriously.

"I'm leaving to that place. Lector show me the way! You guys can follow." Sting bickered and ran as Lector was flying to show me the location.

"Oi! Kid! Wait for us!" Gajeel called after him, but Sting ignored it and got a faint scent of Cynthia's blood clogging his nose.

"Lector, I can smell her blood... we're almost there!" he choked.

"Hai Sting-kun... it's up ahead."

"Cee-chan!" Sting roared as they came up closer to the view to see puddles of blood, a skid of dirt that looked like someone was thrown and rolled afterwards.

The two Sabertooth members seem to have noticed a few of those demons that Lector and the others mentioned. They looked out cold. But Sting's eyes and mind were only determined to search for her. He took a large inhale to pick up the scent of Cynthia's, mixed with others. It was quite a mess to figure out who it was. Though, he does know it was definitely Cynthia's, Wendy's, Carla's, the demons scattered on the floor and another scent that wasn't known. It reeked of darkness.

"S-She's not here.." Lector frowned.

"Where can she be?!" Sting growled.

"Sting!" a voice called over to them which it appeared to be Rogue behind him and along with the Fairy Tail rescue team behind him.

"This is..." he started.

"Yeah.. most definitely the place where Cee-chan and the others went out for a battle." Sting said while clenching his fits and jaw. He couldn't believe he let this happen. Sting promised her that he would protect her, to be by her side. But he felt like he was stupid enough to not be there for her. She won't forgive him...he thought. Little did everyone know, Sting felt like he was a horrible boyfriend. He gave out a loud sigh in frustration and felt a hand to reach his shoulder and he tensed up.