Chapter 09 - Time Passed By

Cynthia's POV

Three years have passed now since I've came back to the guild after I created new friendships with Sting and Lector. I've visited them quite often and they were pretty pleased. Also, it has been 4 years since the news of everyone who... disappeared, which included the year that I was with Sting and Lector after my one year job request. Not too mention that Alzack-san and Bisca-san got married after a year of Natsu and the others, disappearance! I saw this coming and soon they were a happy married couple with a newborn girl whose name was Asuka. She was adorable and acts like her parents fighting bad guys with a toy gun. On some days when I'm not busy, I take care of her which I don't really mind.

There were times when I met a guy named Zeref during on my missions, who was known as the darkest and most evil mage in history who was originally from 400 years ago. He didn't seem to be bad, he told me that he isolates himself from other people and doesn't want to hurt them at all. At first I thought it was some kind of trick until he cried out of nowhere, I felt bad for him and was really concerned. Soon we became friends, but not as close as mine and Sting's, even though he was afraid of me to walk up to him or even touch him, I didn't care because I used a light protection spell to cloak myself from his dark magic.

I was back in Fairy tail after visiting Sting and Lector a few days ago. Apparently they found new friends and soon became best friends. I learned their names which was Rogue, who had messy black hair that almost reaches his shoulders, his bangs were brushed to his right side of his face covering his right red eye. His eyes were like that of a snake, almost similar to Gajeel-san's eyes, he was known as the shadow dragon, the opposite of Sting. No wonder they clicked.

I almost met his adorable exceed named Frosch. She's a green exceed who wears a pink frog-like suit which she thinks that she is a frog and not a cat, which I think it's so cute. She became very fond of me and soon I was her most second favorite person other than Rogue. I remembered the first time I've met them when I came to visit Sting and Lector, feels like it was yesterday but in reality it was two years ago. The year after I met Sting and Lector.

---

Flashback~

"Oi Cee-chan!" Sting waved over to me when I got off the train.

"Cynthia-chan!~" Lector ran over to me and jumped into a hug.

"Hey! I've missed you both!" I grinned while hugging Lector and called over to Sting who was a few feet away from me. As I was walking towards Sting, my eyes landed onto someone else who was standing beside him, he was about my age and Sting's. His red eyes were peering over to me and he gave a small smile. I smiled back.

"Hello" he said politely.

"Hi..." I said shyly.

Sting noticed our awkward introductions and started to make the conversation more lively.

"Soo, Cee-chan... This is Rogue! He's a shadow dragon slayer like me! But the opposite, since I'm light. We met a few days after the last time you visited! So now he's been with me for a while and we both became the best of friends!" he grinned.

"I see... Well nice to meet you Rogue-kun! I'm Cynthia Adara. Also a best friend of Sting-kun and Lector! I hope we can be best friends as well!" I chirped.

"Nice to meet you too, Cynthia-chan. Rogue Cheney. Hope we can be great friends!" he gave a smile.

I felt something patting my leg and I looked down to see a cat in a frog suit? It was so cute! I squealed and kneeled in front of the exceed.

"Hi there cutie! I'm Cynthia, and you are?" I asked while bringing the exceed into my arms.

"Frosch! My name is Fro, and Fro thinks you're pretty!" she smiled and hugged me. So now I had both Lector and the little green exceed in both of my arms.