Chapter 17 - Worries

Felt like posting another chapter. So here you go!

Next chapter will be coming soon. .

Oh and this is another long chapter! Happy reading c:

—————

Cynthia's POV

"Cynthia where have you been?" a hot headed Erza glared over to me while I took a seat beside Gray, who looked at me worriedly along with Natsu and Lucy. I gulped thickly and sweat dropped, feeling her glare to hardened even more. There were two minutes left until midnight. Better late than never. 

"I- uh... can explain?" I scratched my cheek nervously.

"Then can you care to explain?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

"... I got held up by someone a-and..." I stuttered trying to speak up.

"And?" 

"A-and...I-I sort of got lost coming here..." I gulped.

"Hmph. You got lost? I thought you knew where it was..."

"G-gomen..." I hung my head to stare at my lap and fidgeted with my shirt.

"At least you're safe and back. That's what matters." she sighed while she placed a hand on my head. I looked around the room to only noticed that there was only the four of them for Team FairyTail and one minute left till midnight. 

"Hey you guys... Where's Wendy-chan...?" I asked while Erza removed her hand from my head.

"We've been meaning to ask you that." Lucy said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well since we got back before you showed up, we were also wondering where she went. Hoping if you've seen her on your way back..." Gray said looking at me.

"No sorry, I didn't see her." I apologetically said.  

The door swung open to see that it was Lisanna and Elfman carrying a few snacks and drinks with them. I gave a small wave at them.

"Hey! We brought treats!" Elfman smiled.

"Tomorrow's the big day!" Lisanna said. 

"Elfman! Lisanna!" Gray spoke.

Natsu walked up to them with an hand resting on his waist. "Are you guys gonna watch the Grand Magic Games, too?!"

"Yeah. To be honest, I wanted to be in it myself and show off for Lisanna and Nee-chan,but giving up is also a Man!" Elfman answered. I sweatdropped.

"Good timing. Can I ask you a favor?" Erza turned to Lisanna who was walking up to a table, before placing the bag full of treats down.

"What is it?" Lisanna asked.

"Actually, Wendy hasn't come back to the inn yet." 

"And we're apparently not supposed to do anything until after midnight." Gray added in.

I felt a pit drop in my stomach. I sensed something bad was going to happen and it worried me where Wendy and Carla went or what might've happened to them. 

"Is something going to happen at midnight?" Lisanna asked.

"I don't really know, but there's a rule that says we have to be here by midnight." Gray said.

"Don't you guys find it suspicious on why you should be back by midnight?" I said to them while holding my chin on my thumb. 

"That's what I thought as well..." Erza looked over to me.