Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection

Cynthia's POV

"Hey Sting-kun..."

"What is it Cee-chan?", he looked over to me while pouring some soup into a few bowls. It was bright and sunny in the morning.

I woke up later than Sting cause I really do hate getting up from my peaceful sleep in the morning. Let me tell you. I am not a morning, nor will I ever be. After the first night at Sting's and Lector's house, we both took turns alternately sleeping in his room and with the living room couch. It was perfectly normal since it has almost been a week. But... Lector was still asleep in Sting's bed, I'm guessing he's tired, hehe.

"Yesterday, after what Lector said to you, you promised him about beating this Salamander person and that you defeated a dragon....", he stared into me, as if he was trying to read my thoughts.

"Um... who is this dragon...?", I asked curiously. He picked up the bowls of soup and walked over to me where I was sitting on the table, and placed the bowls down. Then he grabbed some spoons from the drawer and sat down in front of me.

"... You probably won't believe me like the other's do... but the dragon's name was Weisslogia. He was my.... father..." he looked into the bowl of soup that was in front of his face, before scooping some into his spoon.

'Exactly like Natsu-san... ' I thought.

"I believe in you, Sting-kun." I said without hesitation and looked at him seriously.

"Oh... and what happened to him?" I added carefully. I remembered a time when Natsu-san, Gajeel-san and Wendy-chan telling me that their parents are dragons and they disappeared on July 7, X777, mysteriously all in the same day and year. It was a mystery still that hasn't been discovered yet.

"You believe me...? You're not like the others Cee-chan. I'm surprised that you're the second one to believe me like Lector. Why do you say that? and...I...I killed him...with my own hands", he said darkly, but there was a hint of sadness. I wasn't expecting that. He killed his own parent? H-how did he... and for all the reason... why?!?!.

"I just do. You eyes and heart says so. You're serious about it and I know that you wouldn't joke about it. I just heard rumors about dragons around the world... That's all, nothing special... and w-why...did you... kill him? if you don't mind me asking", I was very curious and serious at the same time while taking a spoonful of soup.

Sting took in a deep breath and stared at me with his dark blue orbs that seem to be clouded, "Interesting... Cee-chan..., really you are different and interesting" he mumbled. "and...Weisslogia... he.... told me to kill him" he added as he took his gaze away from me and gazed towards the window. Hearing this, made me to slightly choke on the soup I sipped on, but lightly coughed it away.

"I didn't want to kill him though...but he kept on telling me to do it" he continued in a sad tone. I just kept my gaze on him until he could finish.

"He told me that, those who wield Dragon Slayer Magic become stronger by spilling dragon blood. Even so, I still refused to do it.... Show me proof that you learned Dragon Slayer Magic... was what he said" Sting was still looking towards the window. In my mind and heart, I know that Sting really didn't want to kill his father. I could never see him to kill the people and Weisslogia of whom he loves and values in his life.

Keeping my gaze on him... I could see tears falling slowly down his cheek. My heart felt like it was being crushed at the sight of him crying. It pained me, I gave a frown and understood on how he might've been lonely after he 'killed' his father. How he didn't had a choice but to kill his own father. But soon Lector came along and then I appeared, giving him comfort. Seeing Sting like this was very heartbreaking. I want to help him, to take away his pain and sadness that he endured, to protect him. Without knowing my actions, I got up from my chair and walked behind him. Sting didn't even noticed so I slowly wrapped my two small arms onto his waist and laid my head on his back. I felt him stiffen at my presence but slowly relaxed and placed his two hands on my arms.