16| what becomes of the broken-hearted?

DING DONG!

DING DONG!

Ivy peered over her book at the bedroom door, growing frustrated at the interruption. She had just reached a good part in her book and didn't want to put it down.

She glanced down at her boyfriend who was wrapped around her, eyes shut. He wasn't moving anytime soon.

It was starting to get more and more cold out, and Ivy was just happy to be in the comfort of Jason's home. The lamp was on beside her, carrying a bit of light to the rest of the room. A couple of candles were lit, filling the room with cinnamon. The smell reminded her of Christmas, which brought a feeling of joy within her.

Her eyes trailed over to the window, admiring the beautiful black sky. Ivy hadn't done much but stay in Jason's house, she needed one more day before she was flung back into the crazy life she normally had. Jason stopped by the school for an hour to speak with people and check up on those he was mentoring, but after that, he returned home where Ivy was making the dinner.

The two had talked and ate, with Jason cracking a few inappropriate jokes relating to the night before, to which Ivy had hit him on the arm, rolling her eyes at him. Their laughter carried them up the stairs and into Jason's bed, where they wrapped themselves in each other's embrace. Jason had dozed off, but Ivy had picked up a book to keep her company. Quiet nights like that were Ivy's favourites; Nights where they didn't run into any trouble.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Ivy's hand sifted through his hair, knowing he would've woken up from the noise.

Jason was normally a deep sleeper, but little noises seemed to wake him up now. Iy thought it was because he was always on high alert, waiting for the next bad thing to happen to himself, but most importantly Ivy. He was constantly worried for her.

"Don't think so." Jason shook his head. He unattached himself from Ivy, and rolled over to grab his phone off the bedside table. "It's not my mother; She would've gave me some notice," He told.

Ivy let out a small sigh, placing her book down on the bedside table. "Okay, I'll go check who it is."

"Don't answer it." Jason rolled back over, wrapping his arms around Ivy, and pulling her closer to him.

"What if it's important?" Ivy suggested, breaking out Jason's grip, and sitting up.

"it's probably not. People do text these days," He teased with a smile. "They'll contact us if it's important."

Ivy ignored him and reached over to grab her phone, checking for any notifications.

em<3: are you at jason's?
em<3: i'm coming over. i need to apologise on behalf of all of us, and also talk to you guys.
em<3: be there in 30 minutes

Ivy fired a quick reply back, letting Emily know they heard her at the door and were coming to let her in.

ivy<3: we'll be down in a minute :)