05| The Devil You Know

The girls were sitting at a table, staring at Emily's iPad

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The girls were sitting at a table, staring at Emily's iPad. "Is this a suicide note or a confession?"

"It's both." Spencer whispered. "Emily...how do you have this?" Aria asked.

"I sent it to her. I took a picture with my phone before we called the cops." Hanna told.

"It's weird - why would Ian kill himself just as he was about to skip town with Melissa?" Emily wondered. "Maybe he realised he was going to get caught. He couldn't hid forever, even with Melissa and Wren's help."

"He was probably desperate."

"Who cares why Ian did it? The important thing is, Ali's killer is dead and we're no longer people of interest." Hanna spoke.

"Why am I not feeling relieved right now?" Ivy nodded in agreement.

"Oh, Em, come on. For months we've been about as welcome in this town as a cold sore, and plus, now people know that we've been telling the truth. And Ian is out of our lives for good."

"Yeah, but 'A' isn't." Ivy blurted out.

"Can we please just slay one dragon at a time?" Spencer responded.

"Hey." Ivy lifted her head to see Garrett. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to return some evidence we took from the field hockey office." He informed. "Hey, um, look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you all had to be the ones who found him."

"Melissa's the one who found him."

"I'm sorry. Then again, it could've been worse."

"What do you mean?" Ivy asked. "Body's decay. He'd been dead for at least a week. Give my best to your family." He walked off. The girls were confused.

"A week? No, that's impossible. He was texting Melissa."

Emily shook her head. "No, he wasn't. I'm betting it was 'A'."

"Why would 'A' pretend to be Ian and then lead us there to his body?" Aria wondered. "Does it matter? The guy was scum and now he's dead scum. Who cares if 'A' found him first?"

"What does 'A' want?"

"You know what I want? I want to enjoy my life again...before 'A' finds another way to ruin it."

"Yeah." Ivy nodded. The girls got up from the table but Emily stayed seated.

"You coming?" Ivy asked. "No, you guys go ahead."

"Em, what is it?" Spencer wondered. "We now know 'A' is involved. Doesn't that make you nervous?"

"Yeah." Spencer started.

"It does, I seriously have shivers going up my back whenever 'A' is mentioned." Ivy replied.

"But not as much as Ian did. Could we please take a break from looking over our shoulder " Spencer continued, she turned and walked away.

HIDDEN SECRETS - jason dilaurentisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें